Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 12-19-2010, 09:13 AM

Mein Auto: F10 535i
Got my 535i in the morning "impressions"

Well it's here; 535i Dark Grphite, Premium 1 & 2, HUD. It is hands down the best car there is, no questions asked!
Since I've been following these threads for a while now, when I took delivery I couldnt help but to look for all the problems mentioned here. None is there. While on the autobahn I would let go of the wheel and it goes straight for a while, but if left at that it will star easing towards the right. That is a function of the road crown, no car will ever go straight for ever if you let go off the wheel for a while, try. At first it will go wherever it pointed at first but after a while it will react to the sloping of the road. So there's where I'll leave the so called "steering problem".
Like I said it's an awesome car and am planning on doing road trip down to spain next week. My ca told me that the BMW assist and google map won't work until I get to the us because the car is us specs and I'm in Europe (so that'll be another three years). One thing I don't see is the speed limits, how do I make it show these to me?
All in all is an awesome car and I feel like a rich person it

Oh and by the way,
THE HUD IS INCREDIBLY GREAT!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2010, 09:39 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 M6 GC CP
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk_pilot View Post
Well it's here; 535i Dark Grphite, Premium 1 & 2, HUD. It is hands down the best car there is, no questions asked!
Since I've been following these threads for a while now, when I took delivery I couldnt help but to look for all the problems mentioned here. None is there. While on the autobahn I would let go of the wheel and it goes straight for a while, but if left at that it will star easing towards the right. That is a function of the road crown, no car will ever go straight for ever if you let go off the wheel for a while, try. At first it will go wherever it pointed at first but after a while it will react to the sloping of the road. So there's where I'll leave the so called "steering problem".
Like I said it's an awesome car and am planning on doing road trip down to spain next week. My ca told me that the BMW assist and google map won't work until I get to the us because the car is us specs and I'm in Europe (so that'll be another three years). One thing I don't see is the speed limits, how do I make it show these to me?

Oh and by the way,
If you have ordered the Speed limit camera, it will be turned on with the stalk that changes the centre display ( at the bottom centre screen) , If you did NOT add it too your order it will NOT be shown.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:12 AM

Well that is certainly unfortunate, my 150 bucks garmin shows speed limits, yet my 1,900 bucks nav system doesn't. Regardless, this is still a fabulous ride.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:00 AM
now driving number eight!

Mein Auto: 2007 S2000
Quote:

Oh and by the way,
Congrats on the new ride!

I know you have been anticipating this for a while.

Try to keep it under 100 mph or so on the Autobahan for a while - for the tires not the engine as you will be under 3000 rpm at 100 mph plus!

"sometimes you're the windshield .... sometimes you're the bug"

2014 328i Mojave Metallic
2009 328i Black Sapphire Metallic
2007 328i Black Sapphire Metallic
2007 Honda S2000 Berlina Black
(Hey Jim... am I diversified?)
Old 12-19-2010, 11:02 AM

Mein Auto: E92 335i
Quote:
Since I've been following these threads for a while now, when I took delivery I couldnt help but to look for all the problems mentioned here. None is there.
What sometimes draws people into the forums are problems and people looking for solutions. Therefore, you see a disproportionate amount of threads regarding some perceived mishap or fault with the car. Aside from the die hard Bimmer fans and gear heads, who else would go on these message boards? It's far more likely that most people won't experience anything wrong with a new car, or minor annoyances. You'll never hear from them. So trying to quantify the reliability or re-occurrence of a problem by the amount of threads started on the internet is basically impossible.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laser View Post
Congrats on the new ride!

I know you have been anticipating this for a while.

Try to keep it under 100 mph or so on the Autobahan for a while - for the tires not the engine as you will be under 3000 rpm at 100 mph plus!
Right, well I put about 230 mls on it, most of them at or above 110 MPH. Not that my feet was heavy on the pedal or that I was looking for that speed, the car is just so dang smooth that before you know it you are at 90+ MPH.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:26 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 535xi
Quote:

Oh and by the way,
Congrats on your new car. Judging from the experience I've had with my 535xi, you're going to continue to love your new car more and more! Enjoy!
Old 12-19-2010, 12:05 PM
Qualityhound

Mein Auto: 2011 535Xi
Great car, great color and equipment list. Enjoy!
Old 12-19-2010, 04:27 PM

Mein Auto: 11 550i
Congratulations. It is a great car. I definitely would follow the break in requirements. 1200 miles is not long to wait before cruising at high speed on the autobahn.

14 550i Euro Del
14 X3 2.8i
11 550i Euro Del, Retired
08 550i Euro Del, Retired
06 330i Euro Del, Retired
04 545i Euro Del, Retired
01 530i Euro Del, Retired
Old 12-19-2010, 08:58 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 525d 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
If you have ordered the Speed limit camera, it will be turned on with the stalk that changes the centre display ( at the bottom centre screen) , If you did NOT add it too your order it will NOT be shown.
The OP has a US spec 535i. Please tell me how to order the speed limit camera for my US spec 535i! I can'tseem to find it on the BMWUSA configurator. I see it on the BMW UK site. Are you in the UK?
Old 12-19-2010, 10:07 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobr2001 View Post
The OP has a US spec 535i. Please tell me how to order the speed limit camera for my US spec 535i! I can'tseem to find it on the BMWUSA configurator. I see it on the BMW UK site. Are you in the UK?
This!
Old 12-20-2010, 03:33 AM

Mein Auto: 2015 M6 GC CP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobr2001 View Post
Yep in the UK, I really do not understand "Y" BMW can't "generalise" the Options lists outside of what is STD in different continents!!!!, total confusion on whats what.