Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 12-28-2010, 04:53 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 528xi
Xm radio on a 2010 528xi

My wife purchased a 2010 528xi which she wanted to have xm radio, and blue tooth capability. The salesman said that the car wasn't equipped with xm, and that it wasn't blue tooth compatable. After taking possesion of the car a friend said that the car was blue tooth compatable, and how to make it work. So this Christmas my wife wanted to get an xm radio for the car. After finding that all of the radios required many wires and a crappy set up, I googled xm radio for the car and found on an official BMW site a part number and description for an xm radio retrofit enable code for $375. After calling the BMW service manager I was told that there was another cost to reprogram something in the car bringing the total to $550 to make it so the car radio woud work with xm. This seems like a real screw job to make an existing radio see xm when it could have been done when the car was purchased in the beginning. Any body know any thing about this problem or how to get it done at a reasonable cost.
Ads by Google
Old 12-28-2010, 05:52 PM
Eye of the Wolf

Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
Welcome to Bimmerfest but I think you are lost....you will have more luck getting the info you seek in the E60 Forum. This is the F07/GT Forum.