Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 01-04-2011, 05:11 PM
sebi750's Avatar
sebi750 sebi750 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: new york
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 255
Mein Auto: bmw 750 li
if you want all the above done and live in nyc call my friend adrian at 6462612466 and he will do it for FREE!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 01-04-2011, 08:10 PM
joju58's Avatar
joju58 joju58 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 311
Mein Auto: 2007 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebi750 View Post
if you want all the above done and live in nyc call my friend adrian at 6462612466 and he will do it for FREE!
for free ??? i thought he's charging $25 which is not bad, guy needs to make some money.
__________________
"Love people, not things; use things, not people." Spencer W. Kimball
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 01-04-2011, 10:30 PM
irokdastar383 irokdastar383 is offline
Account Under Review
Location: brooklyn
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,262
Mein Auto: 745li
i got a question i took my car in for the pass restrain system recall and recently the brake recall. they changed the sensor will this affect me if i am trying to use ncs ? i been reading and some of you are stating that if it was programmed recently it might give me a big problem. or are you talking about a full software upgrade?
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 01-04-2011, 10:39 PM
MakaveliFaison's Avatar
MakaveliFaison MakaveliFaison is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Tampa, fl
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,845
Mein Auto: Bmw E64/5, Maserati GT
nope your good. i had my brake recall done also. the files in the ncs i posted are from 09 for the e65 i believe.
__________________

650i sport hud ac schnitzer eibach resognator delete m6 quads akebonos
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 01-05-2011, 08:45 AM
irokdastar383 irokdastar383 is offline
Account Under Review
Location: brooklyn
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,262
Mein Auto: 745li
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakaveliFaison View Post
nope your good. i had my brake recall done also. the files in the ncs i posted are from 09 for the e65 i believe.
ok i downloaded ncs i will get it setup tonight. this is what i am trying to do, i want when i press unlock for the interior and exterior lights to come on. and when i press close i want the windows sunroof to shut. also what can i programm this car to do? thanks great find btw
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 01-05-2011, 03:58 PM
PAPER's Avatar
PAPER PAPER is offline
CRISP & CLEAN
Location: CALIFORNIA L.A.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,857
Mein Auto: 745LI
Ok I was looking at NCS today , I did my windows up & trunk close
with no problem .I have had NCS for over a year , don't know why
I never looked into it . Any way , Now WHEN I went to set

ER_KEYOUT_AUTOVR
AKTIVE

But mine already say's AKTIV in CAS & LMA module .
but the doors don't auto unlock when I shut the car off .
Any 1 have any idea's ?

I also wanted to do these settings

VERRIEGLN_AUTO_AB_X_KMH
auto door locking after you start to drive

VERRIEGLN_AUTO_NACH_2_MIN
AUTO DOOR LOCKS AFTER 2 MINUTES

VERREIGELUNGSSCHWELLE
auto locking speed selection

does any ! know which Modules these are in ?
Any help is much appreciated , & I THANK YOU in advance .
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 01-05-2011, 03:59 PM
joju58's Avatar
joju58 joju58 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 311
Mein Auto: 2007 750Li
i just came back home after visiting Adrian in Queens. First i wanna say that he's a great young men, who's willing to do for you anything you ask for (of course with in reasonable), so he did for me remote windows close, remote sunroof close, remote trunk close, out side mirrors fold in and out with remote and seatbelt warnings disable on both driver's and pass's side. He was working on all this about an hour, so i gave him $50.00 and also asked him if he's happy just in case if not I've give him another $10 or so, he was fine.

But later near my house i noticed that Auto Park future is gone, it shows in my iDrive but not working, I called him and he said no problem i will fix it with in 5 min next time i come, so I'm happy.
Special thanks to the guy who first posted this thread.
__________________
"Love people, not things; use things, not people." Spencer W. Kimball
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 01-05-2011, 04:27 PM
MakaveliFaison's Avatar
MakaveliFaison MakaveliFaison is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Tampa, fl
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,845
Mein Auto: Bmw E64/5, Maserati GT
Paper, what year is your 745? And do you have smd button on steering wheel?
__________________

650i sport hud ac schnitzer eibach resognator delete m6 quads akebonos
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 01-05-2011, 05:26 PM
7Figurez's Avatar
7Figurez 7Figurez is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Virginia
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 258
Mein Auto: 2005 745I
Quote:
Originally Posted by joju58 View Post
i just came back home after visiting Adrian in Queens. First i wanna say that he's a great young men, who's willing to do for you anything you ask for (of course with in reasonable), so he did for me remote windows close, remote sunroof close, remote trunk close, out side mirrors fold in and out with remote and seatbelt warnings disable on both driver's and pass's side. He was working on all this about an hour, so i gave him $50.00 and also asked him if he's happy just in case if not I've give him another $10 or so, he was fine.

But later near my house i noticed that Auto Park future is gone, it shows in my iDrive but not working, I called him and he said no problem i will fix it with in 5 min next time i come, so I'm happy.
Special thanks to the guy who first posted this thread.

Sounds like something went amiss when he coded your car. When you have him check it out you should post what he did to fix it?

Why did it take an hour to complete the coding? Were you the first 7 series he has coded?
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 01-05-2011, 05:28 PM
7Figurez's Avatar
7Figurez 7Figurez is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Virginia
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 258
Mein Auto: 2005 745I
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPER View Post
Ok I was looking at NCS today , I did my windows up & trunk close
with no problem .I have had NCS for over a year , don't know why
I never looked into it . Any way , Now WHEN I went to set

ER_KEYOUT_AUTOVR
AKTIVE

But mine already say's AKTIV in CAS & LMA module .
but the doors don't auto unlock when I shut the car off .
Any 1 have any idea's ?

I also wanted to do these settings

VERRIEGLN_AUTO_AB_X_KMH
auto door locking after you start to drive

VERRIEGLN_AUTO_NACH_2_MIN
AUTO DOOR LOCKS AFTER 2 MINUTES

VERREIGELUNGSSCHWELLE
auto locking speed selection

does any ! know which Modules these are in ?
Any help is much appreciated , & I THANK YOU in advance .
Check out the Car/Key Settings tab in NCS. This is a factory option that is in that tab.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 01-05-2011, 05:46 PM
PAPER's Avatar
PAPER PAPER is offline
CRISP & CLEAN
Location: CALIFORNIA L.A.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,857
Mein Auto: 745LI
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Figurez View Post
Check out the Car/Key Settings tab in NCS. This is a factory option that is in that tab.


I have & I see some of the options , but in the bottom
buttons there is no APPLY button so I can't enable it .
Maybe I need a different PFL ???
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 01-05-2011, 05:50 PM
PAPER's Avatar
PAPER PAPER is offline
CRISP & CLEAN
Location: CALIFORNIA L.A.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,857
Mein Auto: 745LI
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakaveliFaison View Post
Paper, what year is your 745? And do you have smd button on steering wheel?
I have an 02 & my girl has an 04 .
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 01-05-2011, 06:00 PM
Seven11's Avatar
Seven11 Seven11 is offline
President
Location: San Francisco
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,930
Mein Auto: BMW
anybody in BAY AREA/CALI..

i would love a bunch of those features
__________________

'03 745i - modded - GONE -
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 01-05-2011, 06:13 PM
joju58's Avatar
joju58 joju58 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 311
Mein Auto: 2007 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Figurez View Post
Sounds like something went amiss when he coded your car. When you have him check it out you should post what he did to fix it?

Why did it take an hour to complete the coding? Were you the first 7 series he has coded?
I'm not sure if i was his first client with 7 series, but he was confident about what he's doing so go figure now. When i called him about Auto Park future missing, he was like its OK come stop by and will fix it, so thats a good news though , this Auto Park future i really need and use it every day pretty much all day in NYC traffic
__________________
"Love people, not things; use things, not people." Spencer W. Kimball
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 01-05-2011, 06:51 PM
marce750's Avatar
marce750 marce750 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Bronx, NY
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 177
Mein Auto: 2007 750LI
Quote:
Originally Posted by joju58 View Post
I'm not sure if i was his first client with 7 series, but he was confident about what he's doing so go figure now. When i called him about Auto Park future missing, he was like its OK come stop by and will fix it, so thats a good news though , this Auto Park future i really need and use it every day pretty much all day in NYC traffic
Please post what happens when you go back. I would definitely be interested in going to this guy if you feel that confident with him and he resolves your issue. Let us know.


Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 01-05-2011, 07:06 PM
joju58's Avatar
joju58 joju58 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 311
Mein Auto: 2007 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by marce750 View Post
Please post what happens when you go back. I would definitely be interested in going to this guy if you feel that confident with him and he resolves your issue. Let us know.


Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp
sure i will, but I'm already confident about Auto Park issue, you need to meet him or at least talk to him and you be confident too, he knows what his doing, this guy i forget to mention before used to work at Hassle BMW before, so don't worry and go see him
__________________
"Love people, not things; use things, not people." Spencer W. Kimball
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 01-05-2011, 10:31 PM
irokdastar383 irokdastar383 is offline
Account Under Review
Location: brooklyn
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,262
Mein Auto: 745li
Quote:
Originally Posted by makavelifaison View Post
paper, what year is your 745? And do you have smd button on steering wheel?
ok so i tried it tonight and i got as STEP 43 . WHEN I HIT THE F6 TO GO BACK IT TELLS ME IT CANNOT READ THE FILE FSW PSW MAN .Now i didnt use the software from the link because i apperantly already had it from my previous inpa install. What am i doing wrong? thanks

Last edited by irokdastar383; 01-05-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 01-05-2011, 10:55 PM
PAPER's Avatar
PAPER PAPER is offline
CRISP & CLEAN
Location: CALIFORNIA L.A.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,857
Mein Auto: 745LI
Quote:
Originally Posted by irokdastar383 View Post
ok so i tried it tonight and i got as STEP 43 . WHEN I HIT THE F6 TO GO BACK IT TELLS ME IT CANNOT READ THE FILE FSW PSW MAN .Now i didnt use the software from the link because i apperantly already had it from my previous inpa install. What am i doing wrong? thanks
did you run INPA first ?

Last edited by PAPER; 01-06-2011 at 01:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 01-05-2011, 11:18 PM
irokdastar383 irokdastar383 is offline
Account Under Review
Location: brooklyn
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,262
Mein Auto: 745li
i ran inpa i actully had to because i got a check engine light . cleared it off then i ran ncs
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 01-05-2011, 11:32 PM
PAPER's Avatar
PAPER PAPER is offline
CRISP & CLEAN
Location: CALIFORNIA L.A.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,857
Mein Auto: 745LI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven11 View Post
anybody in BAY AREA/CALI..

i would love a bunch of those features
to bad you ain't in SoCal , I would have been happy to help you
set it up .
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 01-05-2011, 11:45 PM
whiteandblk745 whiteandblk745 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: san diego
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 213
Mein Auto: bmw 745li
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPER View Post
to bad you ain't in SoCal , I would have been happy to help you
set it up .
Howm much will charge me ? i live in SD but i usually go to LA
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 01-05-2011, 11:47 PM
irokdastar383 irokdastar383 is offline
Account Under Review
Location: brooklyn
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,262
Mein Auto: 745li
ill try it again tommorow and see whats up.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 01-05-2011, 11:52 PM
PAPER's Avatar
PAPER PAPER is offline
CRISP & CLEAN
Location: CALIFORNIA L.A.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,857
Mein Auto: 745LI
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteandblk745 View Post
Howm much will charge me ? i live in SD but i usually go to LA
What options do you want ?
& as for charging , there would be no charge .
although you are welcome to buy lunch LOL ...
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 01-06-2011, 06:37 AM
joej85 joej85 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NC
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 156
Mein Auto: 2004 745Li, 1989 735i
Does anybody know what option turns of the "ACCEPT" screen that appears on the idrive every time you start the darn car? I would so love to turn that off....
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 01-06-2011, 07:33 AM
Keif Keif is offline
Master Tinkerer
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,201
Mein Auto: 2007 Alpina B7
Quote:
Originally Posted by joej85 View Post
Does anybody know what option turns of the "ACCEPT" screen that appears on the idrive every time you start the darn car? I would so love to turn that off....
I recall seeing a post regarding a 3- or 5-series, where this was something similar to LEGLDESC, but I couldn't find it, though I may not have looked in the correct module...I'll try to find it again.


Makaveli:

Regarding the steptronic retrofit, from what I recall it was VO option 202, that it was something coded to the EGS (but that the rest of the car needed the updated VO or something)

Regarding the shifting controls for the steptronic retrofit, in the wiring diagrams it looked like you could hook up one of the steering wheel thumb buttons to another set of terminals (I forget the pin assignments, but I think they were immediately next to where each button is normally wired in)...that way one thumb would be upshift, the other downshift.

That's about as far as I got in my research.
__________________
 
Black 2007 Alpina B7
Tension strut bushings
 
White 2007 Alpina B7
Supercharger clutch/bearings, replaced exhaust valve/pulled head, sunroof seal, 6000K angel eyes
 
Black 2002 BMW 745Li (sold)
KW v3's, blue angel eyes, 8000K headlights & HID fogs, rebuilt alternator & mounting bracket gasket, sunroof seal, CCVs, plugs, sway bar bushings, timing & valve cover gaskets, valve stem seals, guibo joint, mechatronic sealing sleeve, trans fluid, sanded headlights...

Last edited by Keif; 01-06-2011 at 07:35 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms