Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > BMW Motorcycles (aka Beemers) and the Competition

BMW Motorcycles (aka Beemers) and the Competition
Have an interest in BMW motorcycles or just motorcycles in general? Discuss the line of BMW motorcycles and how they may compare to the rest of the competition in this forum!

Old 01-13-2011, 12:30 AM

Mein Auto: BMW R 60/7
BMW R 60/7 bags and shield help

Hi,

I have a BMW R 60/7 that I would like to get some sidebags and perhaps a new windshield for.
I would like some original or fitting bags - but I am not sure if fitted frame is original or what model it is...
Also I am not terribly fond of the looks of the windshield and the glass is a bit cracked - I like protection it gives me, but any ideas are very welcome

I have talked to some dealers here in Denmark but their knowledge and expertise is not impressive... meaning that they have no idea where to look and what to look for

Does any of you know what models are "available" and perhaps where to buy them?

Thanks for any responses

Ads by Google
Old 01-13-2011, 05:26 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 11 335d,08 K12GT,10 S1000
the fairing on it is an RS fairing and was one of the first wind tunnel tested factory motorcycle fairings ever developed.

as to saddle bags they should have been Krauser bags and if memeory serves the rack appears to be for Krausers, there were other pricier and nicer options for Beemers back then (my R60/5 SWB toaster had Kraven side bags and top box.) but the Krausers were the most common. if you get a set and travel place your content in plastic bags inside the saddle bags or they will get wet in heavy rain
08 WR250R
Old 01-13-2011, 03:33 PM

Mein Auto: BMW R 60/7
Tnx. for the info KarlB!
I like the fairing much more already - the plexiglass is cracked though - will that be impossible to replace?
Krauser bags sounds good (right away I found this site http://w6rec.com/duane/bmw/bags/krauser/index.htm - with some detail for figuring out if my rack is for krausers). Now I have something to start my search for creating a better touring bike - tnx for sending me in the right direction. Plastic bags will be used when I "bag" me some krausers - good tip
Old 01-14-2011, 05:14 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 11 335d,08 K12GT,10 S1000
should be no issue to replace the shield at all-- search for a R100RS shield and it should be the same AFAIK the fairing was actually a R100RS fairing.
from a initial quick search I found this
http://clearviewshields.com/shop/product.php?id=81
but there are prob many to choose from

to learn about your bike you really should hoo up with this club

http://www.airheads.org/

they even do regional tech days where you can go and people will over the shoulder you on doing just about any work that needs done on your bike, great group. I used to belong back in the days I rode airheads.
not sure if they have a local club to you or not
08 WR250R

Last edited by KarlB; 01-14-2011 at 05:18 AM.