Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:47 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 528xi
xm radio

My wife bought a new 2010 528xi and inquired about xm radio and blue tooth capability for her phone when she was purchasing the car. The salesman said that the radio didn't support either. Shortly after we took possesion of the car a friend showed us how to get the blue tooth to work. I decided to purchase her an xm radio to use in the car for Christmas. When we saw all of the wires and how there was really no place to put them, we decided to pursue a different approach. Upon searching the internet I found Bmw was selling the enabling code for $374. and listed a part number for it. I then called the Bmw service dept where we bought the car and they said for $550. they would down load the codes so the navagation/radio would now get xm radio. Then this week my wife was trying to get it done through the salesman she had and he said it was $700. This seems like a real rip. Does anyone know how or where to get to get it done for a reasonable price. This is the first BMW we have purchased. When we have bought GM vehicles the xm radio was in the car and the initial year of service was free. For the price these cars cost there should not be any of these issues. Help!!
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 535 x Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technofish View Post
My wife bought a new 2010 528xi and inquired about xm radio and blue tooth capability for her phone when she was purchasing the car. The salesman said that the radio didn't support either. Shortly after we took possesion of the car a friend showed us how to get the blue tooth to work. I decided to purchase her an xm radio to use in the car for Christmas. When we saw all of the wires and how there was really no place to put them, we decided to pursue a different approach. Upon searching the internet I found Bmw was selling the enabling code for $374. and listed a part number for it. I then called the Bmw service dept where we bought the car and they said for $550. they would down load the codes so the navagation/radio would now get xm radio. Then this week my wife was trying to get it done through the salesman she had and he said it was $700. This seems like a real rip. Does anyone know how or where to get to get it done for a reasonable price. This is the first BMW we have purchased. When we have bought GM vehicles the xm radio was in the car and the initial year of service was free. For the price these cars cost there should not be any of these issues. Help!!
Crazy, since I think if you bought it on a new car it's only $350 and if free for the 1st year.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:38 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 550GT, 2011 535I
try these ppl.
They can reprogram codes within your vehicle to your liking.
www.bmwretrofit.com