Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E23 / E32 (1977 - 1994)

7 Series - E23 / E32 (1977 - 1994)

Old 01-19-2011, 03:43 AM

Mein Auto: '84 733i
1984 733i

Please forgive the audacity of making this request my first post. I have the car I have described below. I am considering selling or trading it, but am not sure what it might be worth. I have looked at some other postings of other peoples finds and consider mine to be better than average except cosmetically. I like the car but I just do not use it enough to justify keeping it. I drive it weekly to keep the battery up, but not enough to keep it from collecting dust. Any help is greatly appreciated. I would be happy to post some pictures later this week as time permits.

The car is an '84 model 733i in reasonably good condition for its age. I am the third owner. The second owner had the car from '85- 2010 and provided all the maintenance records for the time they owned it. Since I obtained the car I have replaced the water pump, a coolant temperature sensor, radiator hoses, fan belt, valve cover gasket, a few vacuum lines, and had the valves adjusted. To the best of my knowledge, the engine has approximately 140K miles and runs very well (the odometer quit at 126,xxx) The mileage estimate is based on the average mileage up to the date of an oil change reminder with adjustment for the time the car was taken out of daily service. I have put less than 3000 miles on it since I took the car in trade, but have taken several day trips up to 300 miles in length. The automatic climate control seems to function as it is suppose to. The air conditioner was converted to R134 and blows cold. The heater seems to function fine as well. This car was garage kept until 2005 when the previous owner purchased a new vehicle. Since that time, the clear coat has blistered. There is one small (silver dollar size) ding in the driver side rear door. The interior is in good shape except for the wear in the driver seat consistent with age and use. The leather has worn, but there are no rips or tears. Driver and passenger seat controls work fine. Both front window controls and sun roof work with out hesitation. Rear window controls work intermittently as do the rear door auto locking mechanisms. Factory exterior color is Baltic Blau with blue interior. This vehicle has not been restored. The tires were replaced just prior to taking possession of the vehicle.

Any information or an informed opinion is greatly appreciated, or if you might be interested in the vehicle please let me know.
Thanks,
Mark
Ads by Google