Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 01-20-2011, 06:25 AM
Five is Right Out!

Mein Auto: 1987 190DT, 2009 X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
Really? Never heard of such a thing, never read a procedure for aligning or readjusting brake pads or calipers..... But given they are a factory authorized BMW SAV center, they must know what they are telling you...

No, wonder if it is leaking or just never was fully filled.
At most they partially disassembled the caliper and cleaned it, but more likely they just shot it with a little brake cleaner.

I was down at the dealer the other day in the waiting area and overheard the SA telling a woman that they washed her car but couldn't shammy it dry since their shammies were all dirty, but they washed it with "special" BMW water so it will dry up fast.

Dealers and politicians...how do you know when they're lying? When their lips are moving.

AFA the rear diff fluid, that would not be usual and should be fully investigated.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:11 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesaroo View Post
Because I simply refuse to "reward" the local dealer's poor service by paying for the oil myself and them getting more money from BMWNA for the oil they never supplied. So yeah it doesn't make a lot of economic sense...it's more of a spite thing I suppose...
Actually, it makes NO economic sense, IMO

Quote:
Don't believe me? Fine. I wasn't expecting anyone to solve the problem. Just venting. But to anyone who is naive enough to believe that either the dealer or BMWNA gives a rodent's posterior about the long-term health of their bimmer is sorely mistaken...
Maybe BMWNA doesn't care. I do care about my own time and money.
What does a qt of oil cost, anyway? (x8 qts)
Old 01-20-2011, 10:17 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW X5 Xdrive35D
Quote:
Really? Never heard of such a thing, never read a procedure for aligning or readjusting brake pads or calipers..... But given they are a factory authorized BMW SAV center, they must know what they are telling you...
Nothing I see about brakes in the work order! It was over the phone. The SA said that there were no problems with the pads or the rotors, but he opened it up (I dont know what he opened) created some gap and aligned it back to normal position. I dont know if it make any sense or maybe I'm not able to put it clearly as to what he said!

Quote:
No, wonder if it is leaking or just never was fully filled.
It didnt say anything about leak on the paper, just a refill. So I'm not sure if it wasn't full in the first place.

2011 X5D BLK/BLK: Premium, Tech, Cold, Sports Activity, Premium Sound, Rear Climate, Third Row, Comfort Access
2008 MB SLK280 BLK
2006 Acura TL Silver
2006 MB E350 4Matic BLK (Gone)
2001 Nissan Maxima BLK (Gone)
Old 01-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Five is Right Out!

Mein Auto: 1987 190DT, 2009 X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popdisplay View Post
Actually, it makes NO economic sense, IMO

Maybe BMWNA doesn't care. I do care about my own time and money.
What does a qt of oil cost, anyway? (x8 qts)
Well we also have some friends we visit near to the other dealer so the trip isn't solely for the oil change. I believe I can get an oil change kit for $100 shipped. Fuel may cost me $25-30.

But for me it is the principle of the thing. I think Billy Crystal said it best, "If someone $h!ts in your hat, you don't thank them that it fits better now."

In the end, my car, my money, my time yada yada yada...

Last edited by diesaroo; 01-20-2011 at 10:44 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:36 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Boxster
Quote:

In the end, my car, my money, my time yada yada yada...
We agree at last!