Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 01-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Fountainhead

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Irritated!

So I ordered my X3 35 on December 6th and was promised by my CA that the car would be in by the end of January at the latest. A few weeks later I was told that my production date was scheduled for January 4. This whole time BMWUSA.com shows that my car is only listed as "on order." Weeks go by and I'm told by the GSM that, "all X3 production has been pushed back by a couple of weeks due to problems at the factory." Problems at the factory? BS. So it's been a month and a half and my car is still listed as "on order" with no scheduled production date.
Should I cancel my order and go with another dealership?
Advertisement
Old 01-17-2011, 04:18 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 335d base model
I plan on ordering an X3 when they offer one with a diesel here in the USA.

I see that you are from pdx. Did you place your order through Rasmussen or Kuni?

My plan is to offer my business to the two Oregon Dealers listed under site sponsors here at Bimmerfest ( Salem and Medford ) if I don't get the deal I want I give Adrian Avilla and other out of state sponsors a chance and go for PCD.

Thanks for sharing your experience, knowledge is power. I don't blame you for being irritated. If it were me and I thought they were giving me a line of BS/excuses I would walk away from the deal on principle if I had no legal obligation to complete it.

Last edited by e90diesel; 01-17-2011 at 04:29 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:57 AM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcA78 View Post
So I ordered my X3 35 on December 6th and was promised by my CA that the car would be in by the end of January at the latest. A few weeks later I was told that my production date was scheduled for January 4. This whole time BMWUSA.com shows that my car is only listed as "on order." Weeks go by and I'm told by the GSM that, "all X3 production has been pushed back by a couple of weeks due to problems at the factory." Problems at the factory? BS. So it's been a month and a half and my car is still listed as "on order" with no scheduled production date.

Said it before when you remarked about how your sales person has no follow up skills.

If they treat you this badly prior to delivery, what's going to happen after you take delivery. Cyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Dump them immediately.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more
Old 01-18-2011, 05:53 AM

Mein Auto: Taking Delivery of X28i
Quote:
Each dealer can only have certain allocation units to sell for each month. Otherwise, one dealer can write as many orders as he could while offering deep discount (potential buyers will follow the price trail), then dealers will be competing with each others hard. The allocation will put a brake for this scenario.

My take is that, honest dealer will just write orders for you with reasonable discount at this stage and also based on your options and etc, and maybe it's the dealer practice to take your order with good discount, but also take other people's order as well. Whoever pays higher price, will be put into production order to fill dealer's monthly allocation, otherwise, just wait till next month, hoping more orders coming in and so on.

No surprise. I put in my order on 11/9 at the nearest dealer to me, my X28i was in the dealership yesterday, and I will examine it after work today.

To my knowledge, no delay in production, actually ahead of original schedule. I was told I had the scheduled start on the 4th week of January, but actually production started on 12/22, finished on 1/12 (almost 20 days) maybe because the holidays.

Good luck. But first, get a production#, if you have one. And listen 800# for status.

Last edited by kdl; 01-18-2011 at 08:02 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdl View Post
Each dealer can only have certain allocation units to sell for each month. Otherwise, one dealer can write as many orders as he could while offering deep discount (potential buyers will follow the price trail), then dealers will be competing with each others hard. The allocation will put a brake for this scenario.

My take is that, honest dealer will just write orders for you with reasonable discount at this stage and also based on your options and etc, and maybe it's the dealer practice to take your order with good discount, but also take other people's order as well. Whoever pays higher price, will be put into production order to fill dealer's monthly allocation, otherwise, just wait till next month, hoping more orders coming in and so on.

No surprise. I put in my order on 11/9 at the nearest dealer to me, my X28i was in the dealership yesterday, and I will examine it after work today.

To my knowledge, no delay in production, actually ahead of original schedule. I was told I had the scheduled start on the 4th week of January, but actually production started on 12/22, finished on 1/12 (almost 20 days) maybe because the holidays.

Good luck. But first, get a production#, if you have one. And listen 800# for status.
If there is no delay in the production line, then they lied to you. Fill in the gaps for later on.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
Old 01-18-2011, 09:21 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 X3
Marc, it appears there might have been a reason you got such a good deal ($500 over dealer cost -- if I remember) on a new model that is "hot". They might be selling it out from under you for a higher profit -- it happens, and it happened to me.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:17 AM

Curious if you have decided to change your dealer?
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
Old 01-23-2011, 08:10 AM
Fountainhead

I should, but I probably won't. Don't want to wait 'til March or April for my car. But I won't be going there for service.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:45 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 F10 528i
Quote:
I should, but I probably won't. Don't want to wait 'til March or April for my car. But I won't be going there for service.
That'll teach 'em. That once-a-year free oil change is what they live on. And of course the salesman whose efforts didn't satisfy you is the one who would be working under your car in the shop.

Last edited by raleedy; 01-23-2011 at 09:46 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:26 AM
Fountainhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by raleedy View Post
That'll teach 'em. That once-a-year free oil change is what they live on. And of course the salesman whose efforts didn't satisfy you is the one who would be working under your car in the shop.
I realize it's a weak form of revenge, but I don't have a lot of options. I can't wait 'til spring to get a car. If I was trading something in, that would be another issue. But this car is replacing my totaled 3 series. We've been a one car family since early November.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:55 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 328i
Quote:
I realize it's a weak form of revenge, but I don't have a lot of options. I can't wait 'til spring to get a car. If I was trading something in, that would be another issue. But this car is replacing my totaled 3 series. We've been a one car family since early November.
Do you at least get Production number? We paid $300 more than lowest price ($500 more than your deal) from trusted dealer and it just entered production last Fri.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:02 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 F10 528i
Quote:
Well, I apologize for the sarcasm. I suggest you call the other nearby dealers. If you want contact names, send me a message. Meanwhile, ZIP car can be helpful.

Last edited by raleedy; 01-23-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:26 PM
Fountainhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestroX2 View Post
Do you at least get Production number? We paid $300 more than lowest price ($500 more than your deal) from trusted dealer and it just entered production last Fri.
Yeah, I've got a production number now. According to the GSM, it should go into production next week. We'll see...
Old 01-23-2011, 02:29 PM
Fountainhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by raleedy View Post
Well, I apologize for the sarcasm. I suggest you call the other nearby dealers. If you want contact names, send me a message. Meanwhile, ZIP car can be helpful.
No need to apologize.

I've already dealt with Kuni, Rassmussen, Northwest and Salem. I won't say which dealership I went with until I've actually driven the car home though. I went with the one who had the best price only after giving the other dealerships a chance to meet or beat that price.

What's a ZIP car?
Old 01-23-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
No need to apologize.

I've already dealt with Kuni, Rassmussen, Northwest and Salem. I won't say which dealership I went with until I've actually driven the car home though. I went with the one who had the best price only after giving the other dealerships a chance to meet or beat that price.

What's a ZIP car?
prolly Zip Car Rental, http://www.zipcar.com/
Old 01-23-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I've got a production number now. According to the GSM, it should go into production next week. We'll see...

If you already have production number, you can track it either in BMWUSA.com website or by calling 1-800-831-1117.