Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Old 01-21-2011, 11:24 PM

Mein Auto: BMW Z4M 08
Attn: Rolf-Dieter Location: Near Niagara on the Lake tasting fine wine

I noticed that you are a fan of great wines.
Just a suggestion that you may want to try some great American wines from the 60s.
Ripple Red
Ripple Pagan Pink
Annie Green Springs
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2011, 05:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '15 M3 DCT; '14 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by enpassant View Post
Just a suggestion that you may want to try some great American wines from the 60s.
Ripple Red
Ripple Pagan Pink
Annie Green Springs
And forget not the crew's favorite, Mad Dog 20-20.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:01 AM
Alter Peter

Mein Auto: 2012 ///M3 LMB/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by enpassant View Post
Ripple Red
Ripple Pagan Pink
Annie Green Springs
Tanks for the tip However, our Ontario wines are world renown

Mind you last August we toured the Napa Wine Valley and I was surprised that when we mentioned our fine wines no one ever heard of it

I will try your recommendations thank you again

One favour deserves another .... so here is mine

One of many Links to fine Canadian Wines

Driving mt 2012 /// M3 LMB & Black Leather Interior Fully Loaded
I drove a Z4 35i across the USA in 2010 & loved it.
Somehow I just had to get back into the /// M3 and so I did.

Last edited by Rolf-Dieter; 01-23-2011 at 04:03 AM.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:14 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Mixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
Tanks for the tip However, our Ontario wines are world renown

Mind you last August we toured the Napa Wine Valley and I was surprised that when we mentioned our fine wines no one ever heard of it
Rolf-Dieter, we Americans are a great people, but our economic expansion and industrialization beginning in the late 1800's and particularly following WWII, caused us to be somewhat myopic, as we tend not to look very far past our boarders. That's changing now, of course, but not because we want to but because the world out there is passing us by.

As far as Canadian wine is concern, isn't Canada very cold, has a lot of snow and that why you need Mounties, right?! (Sorry couldn't help myself.) I'm sure you've noticed how we think, and I must say that Canada has been a exceptional neighbor.

For years, Californian business promoted Napa Sonoma wines as the better tasting alternative to the other kind of wine, French. Not much was ever mentioned about any other national variety, and this I know because my grandfather and his Italian relatives stomped their own grapes and made some pretty good wine, both here and abroad. Quite honestly, I don't think my family's wine was any match for Napa Sonoma or Canadian wines, but you understand my point.

Enjoy your wines, and someday may I have the opportunity to share a bottle of Vino with you, Rolf-Dieter.

Cheers!

Last edited by teagueAMX; 01-24-2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:42 PM
Freude am Fahren

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 3.0i, 2003 325iT
I have had the pleasure of enjoying a bottle of Inniskillin ice wine. A spectacular dessert wine made from the vidal grape. Would also work with foie gras, IMO.

2011 E89 Z4 30i Crimson over Ivory (Munich delivery, redelivery at Performance Center), Eisenmann Sport Exhaust
2003 E46 325i Touring Oxford Green over Sand
Old 01-25-2011, 06:16 AM
Alter Peter

Mein Auto: 2012 ///M3 LMB/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by teagueAMX View Post
Rolf-Dieter, we Americans are a great people, but our economic expansion and industrialization beginning in the late 1800's and particularly following WWII, caused us to be somewhat myopic, as we tend not to look very far past our boarders. That's changing now, of course, but not because we want to but because the world out there is passing us by.

As far as Canadian wine is concern, isn't Canada very cold, has a lot of snow and that why you need Mounties, right?! (Sorry couldn't help myself.) I'm sure you've noticed how we think, and I must say that Canada has been a exceptional neighbor.

For years, Californian business promoted Napa Sonoma wines as the better tasting alternative to the other kind of wine, French. Not much was ever mentioned about any other national variety, and this I know because my grandfather and his Italian relatives stomped their own grapes and made some pretty good wine, both here and abroad. Quite honestly, I don't think my family's wine was any match for Napa Sonoma or Canadian wines, but you understand my point.

Enjoy your wines, and someday may I have the opportunity to share a bottle of Vino with you, Rolf-Dieter.

Cheers!
teagueAMX,

I have many American friends (from my working life and to this end have travelled extensively in your fine country). Further I am forever thankful to Americans for liberating us from evil in the 1940s.(a time when I was just a child). It is my strong believe that many people are alive today (including myself) for the sacrifices so many of your countries people have made.

It is quite true what you say about the "borders" I think we Canadians may also be at fault here. I am reminded of the Jay Leno show when one of Jay's "Street walking" questions was "What are our neighbours to the north and south? the answer was "Europe and Australia" I never laughed as hard as during that episode

Yes Canada is indeed cold more so the further one goes up north. Then it also gets very hot in the summer time. Many people have the wrong idea about our country, I am reminded during my working life when my American business associates always asked what clothing was required when they came up to see us. Some asked "do I need a winter parker?" it was June or July and our temperature was in the mid 70s F.

I like wine from all over the world and do enjoy a glass of red every evening. My humble wine cellar has a variety of wines. In one of the Napa wineries I meet a lady that so loved my Z4 that she asked "are you married?" when I told her "yes" she said "no problem we get rid of your wife" both my daughter and I had a good laugh. We purchased some fine wine from her and a map of the Napa Valley, the map has a permanent place in my family room (she never charged us for the map). As a youngster I may have meet your Grandfather when we toured Italy on our bikes, I do remember seeing several wineries where it was tradition for the ladies to stamp the grapes with there feet while we enjoyed some wine and cheese.

It be a pleasure to share a fine bottle of wine with you some day

Cheers,

Rolf-Dieter

Driving mt 2012 /// M3 LMB & Black Leather Interior Fully Loaded
I drove a Z4 35i across the USA in 2010 & loved it.
Somehow I just had to get back into the /// M3 and so I did.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:59 PM

Mein Auto: Z4 s35i Alpine White
Ahem, Canadian wines are world renowned and have won many prestigious awards at international contests, so when they make one that beats "Bowmore 18 yr old" Scotch I'll start drinking them.

Of course the western wines from British Columbia are far far better than the old fuddy duddy wines from Ontario but how would I know, I drink Scotch.

Mounties ?? You want them, you can have them , no charge. They don't quite have the reputation they used to have, what with all the Tasings and foul ups they insist on performing. The public up here is not very satisfied with the performance of that illustrious group at the moment. Perhaps new leadership would help..

Some examples of the fine wines I grew up with: Baby Duck, Four Aces, anything with a plastic cork and an animal on the front, Cherry Jack,
________all the finest wines a teenager could afford.........

Cheers, "hic", sorry, scuse me ...think I need to find a washroom quickly....

Member ZSCCA, '09 Z4 s35i with Dinan Stage II,Sports Package, Exec Package, a stubby and mudflaps. (Mine)
'03 Z4 3.0i Sterling Grey, Automatic (Hers)
'01 Z3 3.0i Sapphire black, 5 spd (Mine)