Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 10-09-2010, 07:15 PM

Mein Auto: Lexus
Accessories

Noticed a few accessories on the UK site, and was wondering what will be available for the USA. Of course, we should find out later this month when the USA site get's the new X3 info.

Pictured below: Robust elegance for off-road: the X Line Pro package underscores the BMW X3 go-anywhere character. Matt silver elements in the bumpers and side skirts contrast with the black cladding.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-10-09 at 9.06.18 PM.png
Views:	144
Size:	270.7 KB
ID:	249683  

Last edited by macpro; 10-09-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Advertisement
Old 10-10-2010, 03:38 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 X3
I hope the Rear Entertainment system is available. My 2005 X3 has the one that is in the headrests. I think it was poorly done because although it works well with the DVD player, there was really no way to connect games and other devices to it. Even on the monitors it had those European connectors rather than RCA. Still I think it was a nice addition.

Currently on the USA configurator, it is not available.

On the international site, it shows a different kind of offering that is part of the seat back and flips up...pretty cool.

The reason this would be cool is on the international site when it is discussing internet options for mobile hot spots in general (if that comes to the US), it says for vehicles that are equipped with the Rear Entertainment, rear passengers can also use the internet while you drive...pretty cool.

With the options for TV through the internet, it might provide an option to have live TV showing in the back. Pretty nice...TV, DVD, gaming, internet.

I know some old fogies will complain they don't like technology in the car and cars are for driving but I love gadgets and think it is cool.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:47 AM

I guess this is what they are using these days. I hope the new one has this option. It would be nice if you could order it factory to skip dealer installation charges but probably not.

Here is the internet discussion. Although it is talking about internet in Germany, at least it lets you know that it is wired to interact with these Rear Entertainment systems so if some sort of internet is offered in the US, that option still exists.

Internet on board.
The entire World Wide Web in your BMW.

Book opera tickets online, order literature from Amazon or catch the final moments of an eBay auction. A worldwide first among automobile manufacturers, BMW offers you genuine internet access on board across Germany. When your vehicle is stationary, you can conveniently surf the Web. In vehicles with the Rear Seat Entertainment option, passengers in the back can also surf online while the vehicle is moving. The display's resolution is comparable to that on standard laptops. Costs are covered through a flat-rate plan.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:07 AM

It looks like this is what they are selling people these days in the US. It looks bulky and tacky. A step backwards...

Here is what they used to look like:
Old 10-30-2010, 09:00 PM

I wish...we'll see

Old 01-30-2011, 11:03 PM

El Lamo. After waiting to see, their RES is garbage with no thought at all. I guess they figured people would be blown away by their ipad holders. Shame on them for not offering a well integrated RES.

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=461587
Old 01-30-2011, 11:49 PM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3forlife View Post
El Lamo. After waiting to see, their RES is garbage with no thought at all. I guess they figured people would be blown away by their ipad holders. Shame on them for not offering a well integrated RES.

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=461587
You really thought they would? C'mon they have some of the worst nav set ups in just about any car, their stereo equipment is old tech, and you honestly expected up to date video?

Shoot even offering DVD is way behind the times. Almost like offering a cassette player when CD players were the thing.

They should offer a hard drive based system in SSD form.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more
Old 01-30-2011, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlengr View Post
You really thought they would? C'mon they have some of the worst nav set ups in just about any car, their stereo equipment is old tech, and you honestly expected up to date video?

Shoot even offering DVD is way behind the times. Almost like offering a cassette player when CD players were the thing.

They should offer a hard drive based system in SSD form.
I do think offering DVD is appropriate but it should probably be Blueray capable...not for the excellent graphics but just for playability. Not everyone wants to download and save movies (SSD). They might want to watch new movies they do not own (my preference). The should have connectors though so you can connect your own players.

The fact that the 2005 set up is decent (monitors in headrest...DVD player in armrest) made me hope they would use one of the systems above. It appears they have gone backwards.

It's a shame really.

BTW. I've decided I'll just wait until next model year (Novemeber or so). Time will fly.