Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest Regional > Regional Forums > Europe

Europe

Old 02-08-2011, 02:15 PM

Mein Auto: E46 316 1.9 1999-07
BMW business radio-cassette AUX input pinoutlet HELP

BMW business - Radio cassette player, model 6512 6928762-01 ,
10878810 PHILIPS
09-02
ph705021337594

Can anyone please help me in connecting the external audio AUX input?
Does anyobody have the exact connection of the pin outlet.
In the back side of the equipment, on the right side there is a big connector with 17 pins. Underneath there is the 10 amp fuse. Following this, right at the bottom there are two pieces of 10-pin connectors. One on the right (10), the other on the left (10).
In the front of the device , on the right side I have the MODE button- I use this button, but there is no switch to the AUX MODE.

QUESTION: Why isn't my auxiliary mode not working? I downloaded a couple of pin outlet connections and tried them. ( Which 10 - pin connector can I use- the right one or the left one?) Which pin should I connect the RIGHT, LEFT , GND for the audio signal?

It's strange that but after many measurements, on the left-side 10 pin connector the result is: 4th and 9th pins are also GND. But, on the right side 10 pin connector there ins't one GND. Is this all right?

Please help me find the place where I can connect the exteriors AUX>
Mention: I downloaded a lot of connections from the web, but none of them worked....

The car is a bmw, e46, 1999, july.

Im looking fwd. to hearing from you. [my e-mail is: zsolasz@gmail.com]
PS . I posted some atachements [pictures]
thanks for all
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07073.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	265718   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07067.jpg
Views:	314