Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 02-11-2011, 05:30 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
I had an extreme case of pulling to the right. Car was at the dealer for a week and just got it back this past Monday. After the dealer tinkered with the alignment, adjusted the struts, did a tire switch and updated software, it made the steering feel much worse.
I'm now getting the drifting, to the left and right, still pulling to the right and requiring constantly correction and it's impossible to keep it straight on the highway with a strong cross wind.
What really kills me is that the car was released to me with the claim that the problem was resolved and there's no more pulling to the right.
Taking it in again on Tuesday and will not sign off on the work order until the problem is resolved.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 M5, 08 E93 M3, F430
no problems here at all with tracking straight but the only reason why the 550i's being tested have handled worse is because of the crappy tires BMW are shipping them with. The Michelin Primacy HP ZP are a complete joke.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:59 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 LCI M5 September del
Quote:
Originally Posted by markl53 View Post
So are you all saying the F10 behaves differently from other cars in high wind situations? Why would that be?
Mine does NOT.

Especially in "Sport suspension /steering only Mode".
Old 02-12-2011, 05:19 AM

Mein Auto: car
I also had difficulties in keeping my car in the lane at 50 plus MPH with increase crosswinds on the roads this morning. I was worried that my alignment might be an issue.... However I never felt this wandering left to right at times on the highway before this. I attribute this to the heavy winds out there today in Michigan.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baloo588 View Post
I also had difficulties in keeping my car in the lane at 50 plus MPH with increase crosswinds on the roads this morning. I was worried that my alignment might be an issue.... However I never felt this wandering left to right at times on the highway before this. I attribute this to the heavy winds out there today in Michigan.
What are your tyre pressures?.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:45 AM

Hi,

I switched out my continental rfts for all season non run flat Michelin Primacy MXV4 tires that I had on my other sedans. They are fantastic tires. I am running them at 30/33 psi front and rear as recommended by the BMW manual for 96V rated tires. I have to do a 4WD alignment with these tires as I switched from RFTs to non-RFTs and it can affect handling. I had this experience on 335xi coupe which led to pulling to left on highways before alignment was done. Otherwise the car tracks straight mainly when it wasn't windy unlike today, so it can be corrected.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baloo588 View Post
Hi,

I switched out my continental rfts for all season non run flat Michelin Primacy MXV4 tires that I had on my other sedans. They are fantastic tires. I am running them at 30/33 psi front and rear as recommended by the BMW manual for 96V rated tires. I have to do a 4WD alignment with these tires as I switched from RFTs to non-RFTs and it can affect handling. I had this experience on 335xi coupe which led to pulling to left on highways before alignment was done. Otherwise the car tracks straight mainly when it wasn't windy unlike today, so it can be corrected.
Funny My Tyres are Michelin Primacy RFT, I run 36PSI all round and the car drives great and gives excellent MPG.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:39 AM

I have Primacy MXV4 (all season) non run flats and they were fine this afternoon when it was less windy on the highway. I also have size 245/45/18 rims which require different tire pressure than yours.