Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Old 02-12-2011, 08:01 PM

Mein Auto: e46 M3
Engine Malfunction help!

I need some help with this issue...please!

My engine light is on, and my engine doesnt want idle normally. instead, when I turn the car on the first seconds it works fine then the rpms jump around a bit and it dies out.
the only code i'm getting is P0102. I replaced the maf sensor with another, no luck. Engine dies out with or w/o the maf sensor plugged in...does anyone know what else might be causing this? gas pump works fine aswell.
Another thing Someone cut my plug off from the wiring to the maf sensor so i made a custom plug instead of paying 1000.00 for new engine bay wiring, unrelated?
Advertisement