Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:51 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X535D/2011 335IS cv
BMW CCA premium - do you take it over AAA?

Am considering BMW CCA membership and will probably sign up, but also looking at premium level as an add-on. Was curious how many of you CCA members have premium and whether you think it beats AAA in a cost-benefit analysis. We are 3 drivers (one BMW and two other cars), with a fourth driver soon to be added.

Hope to see a pro-con discussion, thanks.
Ads by Google
Old 02-15-2011, 02:15 PM

Mein Auto: X5 35D, M3 CiC
Quote:
Originally Posted by kck7 View Post
Am considering BMW CCA membership and will probably sign up, but also looking at premium level as an add-on. Was curious how many of you CCA members have premium and whether you think it beats AAA in a cost-benefit analysis. We are 3 drivers (one BMW and two other cars), with a fourth driver soon to be added.

Hope to see a pro-con discussion, thanks.
You can get similar coverage through your insurance company. Check out the cost from each and make your choice. Personally, I am a BMW CCA member but have not gone premium since I carry BMW Assist (X5 is free for 4 years and I pay for my M3). It is expensive but it gives additional benefits that my insurance company doesn't. And I like being able to push a button in the car and talk to someone

I just looked at your question again and saw that you drive a 2011 X5. Don't you know that you have BMW Assist? You are more than covered for all emergencies! Why would you pay for Premium or even consider buying it?

Last edited by drharley; 02-15-2011 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Forgot to include info
Old 02-15-2011, 03:30 PM

Mein Auto: X5
didn't join the premium, just regular member
Old 02-15-2011, 04:18 PM

Mein Auto: BMW '08 535i
AAA is my insurer for both home and auto and being a member of AAA is mandatory. I also have BMW Assist, so no, I do not have premium level either.

dj
Dark Poplar
6 Sp Manual
Sport
Premium
Rear Shades

BMW CCA #392316
Old 02-15-2011, 06:35 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
I don't know the details on the BMW plans, but in my past dealings with BMW tows, it is only to "the nearest dealership"- not to a tire store lets say, or to you house. (Only an issue when you might use services OTHER than the BMW mother ship.)

Flat tire on a weekend, or evening, and you are SOL if all you want is to go to an open service station and see if they can get you on your way.