BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

How to check or be sure what model your driving

7K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  saholm 
#1 ·
So I drive 330 xi but in a weird way when i check vin on carfax it comes out as 330i same on my insurance.....is this normal or something is not right

#2 ·
I've noticed many mistakes with CARFAX and/or AutoCheck. I run a website that keeps track of ZHPs and each VIN I simply enter into one of those sites just to verify that the VIN is correct and I often see 330i that comes up with 2.5 littre engine.. which is obviously incorrect.

The best think you can do is send an email to info.service@bmw.de with your VIN
This is BMW customer service e-mail, they will send you the option list for that VIN. It should also include the model.

You can always make sure your front wheels drive :) .. that should answer it quickly.

#3 ·
Ya during snow in Chicago car drove awesome way better than my 328 is.... but I wanna make sure when it comes to xi model I will try that email ....plus I noticed that xi lights on the trunk light up mine don't and lights on dashboard tell me about tail light problem but my tail light ( trunk ) only has reversing light

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App

#4 ·
Who cares about what CarFax says ?????????

Just look under the car....if you see all that AWD hardware, you KNOW it`s an xi....

#11 ·
So av53 would be rwd ......so far it looks like I have a problem got a car thinking its xi but its not looking from the vin

JUST...LOOK...UNDER...THE...CAR....for Chrissakes....it`s like checking to see if a dog is male or female....

#18 ·
Used ur page link n this is what I got ....it looks like ur right

Chassis number
JR80456
Vehicle code
ES53
Series
E46
Model
330xi
Body type
saloon
Catalog model
USA
Production date
2001 / 07
Engine
M54
Transmission
Unknown
Steering
Left
Catalyzer
YES

Additional Information for Vehicle code ES53

#20 ·
In 2001, AWD was an option on the 325 and 330 instead of being a totally separate model.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.