Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Classic Bimmers

Classic Bimmers
Discussions pertaining to vintage and classic BMW models here...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2011, 06:28 AM

Mein Auto: 1988 735i
88 735i turns over won't start

I am at the end of my rope! after working to get this car street ready (brakes, window motors, drive shaft, water pump, fan clutch new a/c compressor, Bosch spark plugs, new wires, cap & rotor, new coil,new crankshaft position sensor, new oil & filter)) The car was running great and then out of no where it stalls out.
I can not get it to start. it cranks over and if I crank it long enough it sounds like it will almost start. There is fuel delivery and I pull a spark plug and it is getting spark. But when I pulled out all the spark plug they were soaked with fuel. They have only 200 miles on them. I blew off all the plugs and put back in and cranked the engine and no start. When I took out the plugs again they were soaked with fuel. It looks like the engine is getting flooded with fuel to the point I had to change the oil because it smell like fuel. I didn't want to ruin the starter so I haven't tried it again in fear it will fry the starter. The fuel filter is new but I am learning as I go here with this car so any help will be greatly appreciated.
The car has 180000 miles on it so I am assuming everything else is original on engine
HELP HELP HELP

Last edited by bgbeemer; 02-22-2011 at 08:02 AM.
Advertisement