Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:38 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 550GT, 2011 535I
Cloth Mats

Gents,
Please help in answering the following question.
When I picked up my 2010 550GT, dealer told me that BMW cars are not coming out now with cloth mats and as a freewill he is giving me rubber mats.
I was at another dealership yesterday and just repeated this conversation at the end of which these ppl started to laugh at me saying that I got fooled.
Please tell me how you got your cars. Were there cloth mats or rubber mats or no mats at all?
I have a feeling that he is lying and want to get to the bottom of it.

Thanks in advance.
Ads by Google
Old 01-05-2011, 09:14 PM

Mein Auto: 135i M-Sport
I got cloth with mine, dealer tried to give me rubber instead and was told would he like to sell a car today???

If you have already accepted delivery then there is not much you can do.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:55 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 550xi GT
Cloth mats provided on my 2011 550i xDrive.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:25 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW F10 535D MSport
Wow! You'd rather have the cloth mats? BMW Rubber mats are generally better quality than the standard cloth ones you get with the car. BMW do some aftermarket mats that are better, but IMO the standard ones are pretty thin and poor quality. Also get messed up real easy when it rains (or snows). I have a full set of unused cloth mats in my wardrobe for my F10 if you want to buy them cheap! :-)
535d MSport Carbon Black / Black Nappa / Fineline Anthracite | Visability Pack | HUD | ACC | Adaptive Drive | Folding Seats | 4 Zone Climate | Surround View | Pro NAV | USB Audio | Professional Audio | Sun Roof | Comfort Seats | Heated Seats Front / Rear | Professional Rear Seat Entertainment.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:08 AM

Mein Auto: 06 330i
picked my cpo 06' bmw 330i with OE cloth mats, upon pick-up it was a snowy day and i asked if they had any winter mats for me, they gave me a brand new set of bmw OE rubber mats aswell
Old 02-23-2011, 01:35 PM

Mein Auto: F07 550i GT
I was given cloth mats and the rubbers were thrown in (not in stock), came and picked them up no problem.

I will say I usually do the rubbers, but these are much slippier than the ones from my 7

As an Engineer I have to say: When all else fails read the manual. Until then, push random buttons like there is no tomorrow!
Old 02-23-2011, 05:41 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 550i GT
I picked up my GT yesterday. It came with cloth mats. My dealer even checked to make sure they were there without me asking.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:58 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 650cic/ 2012 M3 ZCP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ld757 View Post
Gents,
Please help in answering the following question.
When I picked up my 2010 550GT, dealer told me that BMW cars are not coming out now with cloth mats and as a freewill he is giving me rubber mats.
I was at another dealership yesterday and just repeated this conversation at the end of which these ppl started to laugh at me saying that I got fooled.
Please tell me how you got your cars. Were there cloth mats or rubber mats or no mats at all?
I have a feeling that he is lying and want to get to the bottom of it.

Thanks in advance.
My car came with carpeted floor mats, but has been stated the rubber matts - depending on quality - will likely hold up better. I plan on getting a set for my GT at some point. I did purchase the OEM GT cargo liner which is a worthwhile buy in my opinion.
2012 X3 35i Titanium Silver/Black ZAP/ZPP/TECH/APPS/Breyton GTS/Continental Extreme DW (20's)

Last edited by car-fan; 02-23-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:39 PM
Eye of the Wolf

Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by car-fan View Post
My car came with carpeted floor mats, but has been stated the rubber matts - depending on quality - will likely hold up better. I plan on getting a set for my GT at some point. I did purchase the OEM GT cargo liner which is a worthwhile buy in my opinion.
I got to get me one of those - especially since my best friend, who is my constant traveling companion, throws incredible amounts fur, slobbers, and has bear like claws!
Old 02-25-2011, 08:13 PM

Mein Auto: 08 528xi
Just picked up my 2011 F10 came wth carpeted mats As soon as I pulled into garage replaced them with BMW Factory rubber mats Fit perfectly much better protection Last forever especially black
Old 02-27-2011, 09:41 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i GT
Got mine with carpet mats. Some info... dealerfit.com has excellent prices on cargo liners and mats, etc. All genuine BMW as well. Buy from them regularly for all my vehicles.