Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 02-28-2011, 10:08 PM

Mein Auto: O3 330i
angel eye remote on?

Well I have searched around the forum and nothing really explained what I needed to know exactly. I recently purchased Umnitza Orion V2 60led angel eye kit with remote on trigger. I completely installed the kit and spliced into my footwell as shown but either I did not get to the wire itself in the footwell or I did not understand how to install the fade in and out function. my lights run but do not fade in and out like videos and instruction guide shows!

So do I use both triggers in the accessory and foot well or just the foot well for the fade in and out via the remote key?
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2011, 11:24 PM
www.umnitza.com

Mein Auto: ///M
Did you use www.fastm.com - you will need only the 1 remote trigger for the footwell light.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:33 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 325i
I don't see how the LED version would "fade" on and off, especially the way the trigger works. The trigger wire simply trips the relay which then allows power to run from the battery to the angel eyes. You can't fade the main power flowing through the replay with the way it is connected (it is just a dumb relay). It is either on or off. The videos you saw, were they LED AE's or CCFL? I have never used the CCFL's so I don't know if there is more circuitry to those that would allow fading.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:24 AM
www.umnitza.com

primary trigger triggers the relay, the secondary trigger is not directly powered through the relay.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:46 PM

Yes I used FastM's guide and i guess it shows that both triggers are used as I have both in use now but the lights are still not activated when i use the unlock feature on my key! and I have not searched yet but was wondering if anyone could tell me how to have my normal daytime lights turned off without tripping the car from displaying them as non functional on the dial cluster? would removing a certain fuse do that? does it matter what wire I use for the footwell light splice? do I need to use one certain one or would either work? thank you for your feed back!
Old 03-01-2011, 02:55 PM

To Umnitza: Do you sell any matching 6000K projector headlights? I thought that the 6K would match my OE xenon projector lights but was wrong.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:33 PM
www.umnitza.com

yes, we have matching headlights:
http://www.umnitza.com/advanced_sear...x=0&image2.y=0

Will answer your other question shortly.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:34 PM

Mein Auto: '99 323i 5-Spd
As for the day time running lights if I'm not mistaken you need to go to a dealer or Indy who has the equipment to reflash ur car so that they don't run during the day (someone will correct me of I'm wrong)

And for the AE's I believe there is a brown wire and another one. U need to wire tap the other one. That's what I did anyway. And works perfectly. Just did this last week Tuesday. So very recently and works perfectly. And this was to the light in the passenger seat foot well.

MODS
P46 Projectors + FX-R Retrofit + 6k D2S/ 60 LED AE's / Smoked LED Tails / Smoked Turn and Side Markers / BSW 10" Sub /ZHP Knob / Matte Black Grills / DICE / Parrot + Connects2 / OEM Alternative Alarm Mod / Clutch Switch Delay Mod / M3 Rep Front Bumper / 3M Black CF Di-Noc Wrap / K&N Intake / 35% Tint All Around / Black Short Eurotray / 545i Shifter
Old 03-01-2011, 04:27 PM
The one and only

Mein Auto: 2002 330i

Old 03-01-2011, 04:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2002 BMW 325i
I would like to know the same. I too just installed Orion v2 today and would like the original halogen DRL off and keep the angel eyes as DRL. And I would also like to know how to get the angel eyes to go on when I use the remote. Thank you!
orion v2 angel eyes
Old 03-01-2011, 05:06 PM

Mein Auto: '99 323i 5-Spd

Follow this video. Really easy and afterward ur angel eyes will fade in and out when locking and unlocking ur car.

MODS
P46 Projectors + FX-R Retrofit + 6k D2S/ 60 LED AE's / Smoked LED Tails / Smoked Turn and Side Markers / BSW 10" Sub /ZHP Knob / Matte Black Grills / DICE / Parrot + Connects2 / OEM Alternative Alarm Mod / Clutch Switch Delay Mod / M3 Rep Front Bumper / 3M Black CF Di-Noc Wrap / K&N Intake / 35% Tint All Around / Black Short Eurotray / 545i Shifter
Old 03-02-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moiz21 View Post
As for the day time running lights if I'm not mistaken you need to go to a dealer or Indy who has the equipment to reflash ur car so that they don't run during the day (someone will correct me of I'm wrong)

And for the AE's I believe there is a brown wire and another one. U need to wire tap the other one. That's what I did anyway. And works perfectly. Just did this last week Tuesday. So very recently and works perfectly. And this was to the light in the passenger seat foot well.
thank you for that little hint on the "other wire" yes that did it! I was tapped into the brown wire rather than the active wire so as soon as I made the switch the Remote on worked perfectly thanks for all the help and advice now to see about those Day time lights getting shut off. Thanks guys
Old 03-02-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post

I was just wondering if you had any problems refitting your inner bezzel back in the car as not to have the lights rub? your car seems to have them fit perfectly back into their original place! I was just wondering if you refabricated yours because of the auto leveling feature and if so how you did it? I have left mine off for the time being and am thinking of altering them to help them fit back! thanks for your input!