Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 11-26-2008, 12:12 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 325ci
Iphone interface 2004 325i

Hi, I just bought a 2004 325ci and i wanted to connect my iphone so that i can use it handsfree and listen to my music. I have searched for a product that can combine the two functions but came up with not thing. Can anyone suggest any product(s)/setup, what would be the best way for me to be able to use my phone and music functions of my iphone through the car. Unfortunatley this is a earlier 04 so it doesn't have BMW-assist, just the pre-wire for hands-free. Does pre-wire mean that the mic is already installed?, i have the hands-free buttons on the steering wheel(i don't know if these buttons are standard ). Any suggestions would be greatly apprecaited, thanks.

Last edited by pnp1983; 11-26-2008 at 12:18 AM.
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2008, 08:33 AM
Using SPF 45

Mein Auto: 2004 330Cic
I don't believe that the bluetooth interconnects with the stereo. You're probably best off with the aux-in adapter and a line cord from the headphone jack.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:35 AM
Ubergeek

Send a message via AIM to KrisL Send a message via Yahoo to KrisL
Mein Auto: 330i ZHP
buttons are standard. You need the DICE iPod adapter + OEM Bluetooth kit. You will have to plug in to the iPod dock connector for music (the iPhone doesn't even support stereo over bluetooth).
Old 12-04-2008, 05:59 AM

Mein Auto: 330 CD E46
I have the same situation. I have the DICE adaptor, seems like one of the cables is wrong and I'm waiting for a replacement. As for using the steering controls, I would need the OE bluetooth kit. Does anyone know what is involved in fitting this?
Also, I have noticed that no-one does a holder that fits into the centre console that takes the 3g iPhone. (something to do with a button out of place)
I'm a designer and I'm planning to design my own that fits and get it rapid prototyped. but i'm still stuck on the bluetooth kit.

Si
Old 12-04-2008, 07:02 AM
TMS

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by styleruk View Post
I have the same situation. I have the DICE adaptor, seems like one of the cables is wrong and I'm waiting for a replacement. As for using the steering controls, I would need the OE bluetooth kit. Does anyone know what is involved in fitting this?
Also, I have noticed that no-one does a holder that fits into the centre console that takes the 3g iPhone. (something to do with a button out of place)
I'm a designer and I'm planning to design my own that fits and get it rapid prototyped. but i'm still stuck on the bluetooth kit.

Si
This is a good installation overview: http://www.bimmernav.com/BMW_E46_Blu...tructions.html

There is no snap-in available for an iPhone. You could probably craft something using a DICE or Intravee unit and its dock connector.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:37 AM

Mein Auto: 2003 330i
iphone 4

I have a 2003 330i with the dice (i dont know the model number) it has replaced the ash tray with docking station and u ipod classic is wonderful in this system. I can operate it through the steering wheel too, however, I am buying an iphone 4 and cant figure out if it will also work through hands free? Will it work and how do I operate it?
Old 03-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2002; titanium 325 Cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanning machine View Post
I don't believe that the bluetooth interconnects with the stereo. You're probably best off with the aux-in adapter and a line cord from the headphone jack.
Tanning: is that the ipod connection that the dealership installed aftermarket? Or some other one?

2002 convertible - 18 inch SSR GT3
Old 03-06-2011, 06:53 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 330i
Im not sure all I do know is the dice module is under the drivers seat