Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:42 PM

Mein Auto: a truck
Back seat dog protection

Hi folks,

I'm looking for options for a 2011 535ix GT to protect the back seat from the dog moving around back there.

I see there is a "universal" series 5 rear protection kit, but it doesn't fit in the GT (or so I'm told)

Anyone have favorite back seat protection methods for the GT?

Thanks for sharing
KC
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Eye of the Wolf

Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariKC View Post
Hi folks,

I'm looking for options for a 2011 535ix GT to protect the back seat from the dog moving around back there.

I see there is a "universal" series 5 rear protection kit, but it doesn't fit in the GT (or so I'm told)

Anyone have favorite back seat protection methods for the GT?

Thanks for sharing
KC
Nice to see another F07 with a dog.

My German shepherd is 100 lbs and is my constant travel companion.
I do it the old fashion way - throw a spread in the back and vacuum at least once a week.
This is not an elegant solution, but it works and it is fast.

BTW - My shepherd really likes the back seat of my 550i GT much better than my 335i. Vert.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:57 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 550i GT
I fold down one of the rear seats and my dog sits on it, partially in the cargo area and partially in the main cabin. I tie a leash to one of the hooks in the cargo area (there are 4) to keep him from moving up onto the other rear seats.