Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:24 AM

Mein Auto: nothing
best place to buy a 535i x

i need to buy a 535i x for my parents who live in Colorado. i live in NYC. i get a much lower price vs MSRP in NY/NJ area than in Colorado. Is there a reason why? Where is the cheapest place i can get the BMW 535 vs MSRP in the tri state area (NY/NJ/CT)
Ads by Google
Old 02-14-2011, 10:26 AM
Travel Fever

Mein Auto: 535dx
Simple, there are a lot more BMW dealerships in the tri-state area than in Colorado. Not only that, if you are willing to spend a bit more travel time, the number of dealers expand tremendously, further out in CT, NJ, MD, or PA. That is more than the entire CO can put together.

MJ14 535dx - Imperial Blue
MJ10 550 GT - Imperial Blue (retired)
MJ07 530i - Silver Grey (Sold)

Last edited by mason; 02-14-2011 at 10:28 AM.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:01 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i GT
Best deal I found is to search the internet for the car you want, price it out, find the invoice cost, and then haggle with several dealers. Make a tentative deal and then go get the car. You can save thousands that way. Also there are car buying services through AAA, Costco and Credit Unions that can save you some money, but I have found I always save more by doing my own haggling. Plus, you'll find cars optioned with things you don't want and can sometimes use that to bring the price more in line with what you want to pay. Just be vocal about what you do and don't want. If you don't want the rear seat heat/AC and it's there, say so. You might get it deducted just so you'll take the lot model rather than walk away. Be flexible with color unless you absolutely have to have one specific color. I wanted Black Sapphire Matallic and found it, but would have probably accepted the Dark Graphite as well with the same equipment for the right price. My wife always liked jet black BMW's but fell in love with an Alpine White one and got a blazing deal because it was one of three white 535iGT's on the lot, but the only one with a black Dakota interior. They just had too many white ones and were willing to move at least one at the right price.

Best of luck in the hunt!
Old 03-10-2011, 06:57 PM

Mein Auto: 535xi 2011
I just bought one today(will have it next week woohoo!). I went to Hassel BMW in Freeport. They gave me the best deal out of the 3 in Long Island that I went to. PM me if your interested, ill hook u up with my salesman.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:36 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 550ix
I'm about to pull the trigger on a 535/550/550GT/740/Activehybrid (pick one of the above, I'm still figuring it out ) but if you want PM me and I can give you a salesman on LI to add to the bargaining pool. His main advantage is he's honest; whether he can give you the best deal or not I don't know.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:56 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexz92 View Post
i need to buy a 535i x for my parents who live in Colorado. i live in NYC. i get a much lower price vs MSRP in NY/NJ area than in Colorado. Is there a reason why? Where is the cheapest place i can get the BMW 535 vs MSRP in the tri state area (NY/NJ/CT)
Buying in NYC, do you plan to drive it out to Colorado or pay to have it trucked out there? Have you factored those costs into your pricing analysis. I live in Indiana and purchased cars for my parents, who live in Colorado, and ended up purchasing the cars out there. The other advantage to purchasing from a dealer local to them is that the Sales Advisor has continued to take care of them when they need help with programming the garage opener, setting up iDrive, using the navigation, etc.
2014 335i xDrive GT Alpine White
2015 X3 xDrive 35i Melbourne Red
Old 03-12-2011, 08:00 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 550xi GT
I purchased my car in Colorado since I live there.

If you haven't made your purchase yet, feel free to Private Message me for my suggestion on a dealer to help you.