Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 03-17-2011, 03:12 PM

Mein Auto: 356c
Last Date to Order E91 in USA

Anybody know when we will no longer be able to order the E91 in the USA?
Old 03-17-2011, 03:28 PM
GONE

Mein Auto: .................
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsgl View Post
Anybody know when we will no longer be able to order the E91 in the USA?
Wow nice Porsche!
Old 03-17-2011, 03:29 PM
GONE

I have to compliment every Porsche I see.

Every time I see A Porsche driving on the street, I have to yell " PORSCHE!"
Old 03-17-2011, 03:32 PM
Ahh! Fall Weather!

Mein Auto: E90, Porsche 911, VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFTW91 View Post
Wow nice Porsche!
Looks like it was photo-shopped.

Porsche: Accept no substitute, unless you're poor!

The E90 sedan is the last in the line of great 4 door 3 Series BMW's. Too bad.

"The VW GTI remains and will likely continue to be one of the finest compact sports cars in the world." Christian Seabaugh, Motortrend, March 27, 2012.

06/02/2005-09/02/2014: 9.25 great years on Bimmerfest!!!
Old 03-17-2011, 03:33 PM
Ahh! Fall Weather!

Quote:
I have to compliment every Porsche I see.

Every time I see A Porsche driving on the street, I have to yell " PORSCHE!"
Or you could also yell, I WILL GLADLY PAY YOU TUESDAY FOR THAT PORSCHE TODAY!

"The VW GTI remains and will likely continue to be one of the finest compact sports cars in the world." Christian Seabaugh, Motortrend, March 27, 2012.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:36 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '92 Saturn SL2
Official EOP is 8/11. In theory you have a couple of months. In practice BMW is already in the final stages of build-out, and allocations will likely be tough to get and options and colors are in the process of discontinuation.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:11 PM
GONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpowders View Post
Or you could also yell, I WILL GLADLY PAY YOU TUESDAY FOR THAT PORSCHE TODAY!

That is what I will do for now on!
Old 03-17-2011, 06:13 PM
GONE

So, I have come to the conclusion that my 325i drives faster and overall responds better in warmer climate.

She performed great out there today. She makes me proud every day!
Old 03-17-2011, 07:02 PM
Ahh! Fall Weather!

Quote:

That is what I will do for now on!
These are desperate times. Some Porsche dealer may take you up on it.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:13 PM

Thanks darbyogill.

And, sheesh, the rest of you'se guys--yeah, I've got the two best all-around streetable cars on the planet. Both 6-speed manual transmissions. One mid-engined, unbelievablely natural balance and handling. The other 50/50 balanced, agile and quiet and roomy (enough). Both 6 cylinders the only ways they're worth doing--straight and boxer. And, yup, both photo-shopped for the hell of it in an avatar.

My dealer (BMW Manh) says I can order up til/thru May.

I'd like to get the last of the real BMW wagons before they close them down and go to V6s, GTs, and auto-trans.........
Old 03-18-2011, 07:52 PM

Mein Auto: e46, X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by darbyogill View Post
Official EOP is 8/11. In theory you have a couple of months. In practice BMW is already in the final stages of build-out, and allocations will likely be tough to get and options and colors are in the process of discontinuation.
so has BMW officially killed the e91 for 2012 and beyond?

If so, do you have a source for this information?
Old 03-18-2011, 07:54 PM
Ahh! Fall Weather!

That would be a shame. It is one of BMW's best vehicles-totally puts the X3 to shame-but it's all supply and demand.

As they say in the Godfather: "It's not personal... it's business."

Old 03-18-2011, 08:05 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 328xi sportswagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotman View Post

I don't think it is official just speculated based on the fate of the 5er wagon and the potential of a 3er GT.

I went ahead and ordered a 2011 wagon just in case.

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans Blue (yep GM used it too), titanium leather, 2LZ package, Bose sound system

Old 03-18-2011, 09:56 PM

Quote:

Yes, the E91 is done, 2011 is last model year. It will be replaced by the F31.

Yes, I do have a source, but for now she must remain nameless. So take this for what it's worth, and check my accuracy in 6 months

For all you wagon diehards, take heart: the tepid sales performance of the 5GT has given BMW pause, and the best evidence of this is that they have green-lit the F31 for NA. The 3GT hasn't received the same blessing, and for now remains a concept.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:59 PM
Ahh! Fall Weather!

The X3 has done the E91 in.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:28 PM

Mein Auto: '07 328xiT
Any info available on the F31?
Old 03-18-2011, 10:38 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:

Quote:
Yes, the E91 is done, 2011 is last model year. It will be replaced by the F31.

Yes, I do have a source, but for now she must remain nameless. So take this for what it's worth, and check my accuracy in 6 months

For all you wagon diehards, take heart: the tepid sales performance of the 5GT has given BMW pause, and the best evidence of this is that they have green-lit the F31 for NA. The 3GT hasn't received the same blessing, and for now remains a concept.
I have a source, too, who says the E90/E91 will still be around for the 2012 model year. The F's will be out as 2013s. BMW has published no information to their dealers stating that 2011 is the last year for the E90/91. To date there is absolutely no information from BMW that they will alter their traditional seven year cycle. Once again, BMW has not published any information that the E90/91 is about to go away nor have they published any deadlines for ordering an E90/91.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Old 03-18-2011, 11:42 PM

I can think of no time in history when looking to the past was a less accurate indicator of where BMW was going in the future. The mid- to late-50s comes to mind. If you had told me in 2002 that in 10 years normally aspirated BMWs would be a thing of the past I would have laughed you off too.

Look for even more BMW 'laws' to be broken soon--FWD, V6s, 3 cylinder engines, more GTs, more SACs--it's all on the table, nothing is out-of-bounds and nothing is sacred. A lot of people on this board will scream and cry that BMW has lost its way. I have the benefit of *a little* more perspective and I think that this is BMW at its very finest--they are an engineering company at their core, and they seek engineering solutions to every problem, without bias, prejudice, reservation or evasion.

But back to the topic at hand--if you think the 6-year life cycle of the E90/91 is strange, you'll love the F30--my best information right now has that platform lingering for 9 or 10 years.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:37 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 335i Coupe 6MT
If they keep making the coupe, the will keep making then they will keep making the wagon, unless demand is low. According my source, BMW also planning a pick up truck for 2014.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:39 AM
Ahh! Fall Weather!

How they gonna do that? "What's a nice truck like you doin' in a place like this?"

Old 03-19-2011, 11:31 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
I can think of no time in history when looking to the past was a less accurate indicator of where BMW was going in the future. The mid- to late-50s comes to mind. If you had told me in 2002 that in 10 years normally aspirated BMWs would be a thing of the past I would have laughed you off too.

Look for even more BMW 'laws' to be broken soon--FWD, V6s, 3 cylinder engines, more GTs, more SACs--it's all on the table, nothing is out-of-bounds and nothing is sacred. A lot of people on this board will scream and cry that BMW has lost its way. I have the benefit of *a little* more perspective and I think that this is BMW at its very finest--they are an engineering company at their core, and they seek engineering solutions to every problem, without bias, prejudice, reservation or evasion.

But back to the topic at hand--if you think the 6-year life cycle of the E90/91 is strange, you'll love the F30--my best information right now has that platform lingering for 9 or 10 years.
Well, my source has been Dealerspeed and CenterNet and nothing I've seen there supports your prediction.

IF BMW shortens the life cycle with the E90 that would indicate they intend to shorten their life cycles across the board in order to respond to competitive market pressures to have newer models more often. Which would be an indicator that there is no way they would keep the F30 9 or 10 years. No automaker in today's market can keep a model for that long. Even if you refer only to the "platform" there would have to be myriad updates to it along the way for it to stay competitive.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Old 03-19-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Well, my source has been Dealerspeed and CenterNet and nothing I've seen there supports your prediction.

IF BMW shortens the life cycle with the E90 that would indicate they intend to shorten their life cycles across the board in order to respond to competitive market pressures to have newer models more often. Which would be an indicator that there is no way they would keep the F30 9 or 10 years. No automaker in today's market can keep a model for that long. Even if you refer only to the "platform" there would have to be myriad updates to it along the way for it to stay competitive.
Well, it would require a complete re-thinking of how you look at the automotive lifecycle. Why is 7 years the magic number? Why not make it longer? Why do an LCI at 3 years? Why not make the platform more scalable? How about adding new technology as it becomes available? Perhaps you could make an LCI at 5 years, but make it so drastic as to make it appear to be a completely new model?

Or maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about and I should just go log in to Dealerspeed and Centernet
Old 03-20-2011, 03:33 PM

darbyogill, how deep is your deep throat? I've got no 'source', but my NYC Manh BMW saleman says production of e91 ends this summer. He says the GTs do not sell. But he says it has looked like an F30 GT instead of wagon unless BMW gets the message about the GTs.

If 'twere tru, an F31........hmmmmm. V6, larger/heavier, but still, a wagon...... I think very highly of my '07 E91 (even if the sport package suspension has a serious problem as we all know). The car is agile, quiet, I'm averaging 24.7 on my computer mileage readout not reset for at least a year now. I like straight 6's. .........
Old 03-20-2011, 03:39 PM

Mein Auto: X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredric View Post
Any info available on the F31?
Spy photos etc. available at E90post.
BMW CCA #115780
'14 X3 35i M sport
Old 03-20-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsgl View Post
darbyogill, how deep is your deep throat?
Wow. I'm kinda new here... you wanna buy me dinner first?

Assuming you like your current E91 and you can see yourself keeping it for a 18-30 months, I would say wait for the F31, and go with the N20 motor. Enthusiasts should rejoice--it's light, it's compact, it's powerful and it's efficient. If they can make it sound good they will hit it out of the park.