Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 03-24-2011, 12:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW M3
Exclamation 2011 M3 Concierge to Nav not working

brand new m3. signed up for concierge. had concierge person deliver a point of interest (POI) to my system. problem is, i can't navigate a route with the POI they send, only have option to make a phone call. had them send a couple POI's. same problem. turned car off for several minutes, turn back on, semi-reset. no fix.

fyi, if i send something from googlemaps to system, works flawless. open message and click start nav. nav also works fine with local search, etc. only doesn't work with concierge.

bmw assist, customer relations, and local advisor stumped!!! local advisor says, "u sure u r supposed to be able to nav?" RUFKM!

please help!
Advertisement
Old 03-24-2011, 01:02 PM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mharshany@gmail View Post
brand new m3. signed up for concierge. had concierge person deliver a point of interest (POI) to my system. problem is, i can't navigate a route with the POI they send, only have option to make a phone call. had them send a couple POI's. same problem. turned car off for several minutes, turn back on, semi-reset. no fix.

fyi, if i send something from googlemaps to system, works flawless. open message and click start nav. nav also works fine with local search, etc. only doesn't work with concierge.

bmw assist, customer relations, and local advisor stumped!!! local advisor says, "u sure u r supposed to be able to nav?" RUFKM!

please help!
If MyInfo works as you stated then the answer is that the format of the Assist POI sent is obviously defective and Assist is responsible of fixing it. Both messages should have the same formatting (xml).

There's nothing you can do or anybody else in this forum.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:05 PM

my advisor and i had the same hunch and questioned concierge via my car link. they claimed they only have one format they send. ugh! now what!
Old 03-24-2011, 01:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 335xdrive (E90)
tell the concierge to look up the POI in google maps and send it from there. They would need your email address i believe, but they probably already have that. Of course, you have to explain why this was necessary to each new operator you received, but better than nothing.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:31 PM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mharshany@gmail View Post
my advisor and i had the same hunch and questioned concierge via my car link. they claimed they only have one format they send. ugh! now what!
It is not unusual for Assist to experience glitches like this after a system update/maintenance/whatever at their end. I lost several days of BMW Search network access just because of some system update of theirs.

Just reiterate that MyInfo works and their message does not when both should have the same xml composition/format and they will escalate this issue to their technical dept. All my technical issues have been resolved by Assist, and my issues were way more complex than yours -BMW Search and MyInfo enabled in a CIC retrofit in a MY2008 M3 with CCC iDrive, something that it should be not possible at all but they accomplished it.

This will get fixed, just keep them busy.

Last edited by Technic; 03-25-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:55 PM
Chicks dig Wagons!

Mein Auto: E91
That's really odd. I have a POI send to my unit at least once or twice a month and have never had a problem.

Isn't there a little icon on the left side (I forget which one) that you just click on?
Old 03-25-2011, 07:09 AM

@matts335 - field tested. had poi sent to my email/myinfo from concierge - worked flawless! thx mate!
@kilgore - the icon was missing for nav when the poi arrived...that was the problem...only had call icon
@technic - still gonna have diagnostic on apr 7, gonna shoot data to germany, see why regular concierge format is bolo'ing in my car

thx everyone!
Old 03-25-2011, 09:46 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 335xdrive (E90)
You mean I actually contributed something useful to this forum? Wow. Guess there is a first time for everyting. Glad I could help.