Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)

E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)
E85 Z4 Roadster, E86 Z4 Coupe, E85 Z4 M Roadster, and E86 Z4 M Coupe talk with our BMW gurus here.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:54 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 S/C Z3M Roadster
Inspection 1 on 07 M Coupe

I am getting ready to take my 07 M coupe (in-servcie date 08/2007) out of storage and I contacted a dealer in NH (has maintenance covered) to book an Inspection 1. The car has 26000 miles on it but the Maintenance reminder was reset incorrectly last april when I had a oil change done last april prior to picking it up in Maine. I explained this to the SM at the NH dealership but he insisted the BMW would not allow him to complete the Inspection 1 under the maintenance plan unless it was showing as due on the service reminder. To-date the car has only the 1200 mile service and 1 oil service done under the plan. I have done 2 oil changes (one last august and 1 last nov. before storage. It seems that if Inspection 1 is determined by distance travelled and fuel consumed it should be due seeing as I put over 700 track miles on the car last summer.
Any suggestions would be appreciated as to how i can resolve this without too much fuss.
Thanks
Wayne
Ads by Google
Old 03-26-2011, 04:46 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 535xiT, 2007 M Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne rose View Post
I explained this to the SM at the NH dealership but he insisted the BMW would not allow him to complete the Inspection 1 under the maintenance plan unless it was showing as due on the service reminder.
I know this part is simply not true. At about 20,000 miles I had a low-mileage oil change performed at the dealer, and the tech, in error, reset the maintenance monitor. At that time I had about 5,000 miles left to Inspection I. When I took the car in at 25,000 miles, they did Inspection I even though the car technically was no longer showing that Inspection I was required.

Now, my situation was a little different as I noticed the tech error at 20,000 and documented the error by email to my service advisor, so it was in writing when I took the car back in at 25,000. But they did Inspection I without a fuss even though the service reminder wasn't showing Inspection I was due.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:35 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 Z4MC & 95M3 Tracktoy
How does BMW know what the service indicator says except by what the dealer tells them? Even if it were scanned into the paperwork, they need to have a means to overide the reading, given how common it is that these things get set incorrectly - after all, BMW does not want to have warranty claims due to lack of correct maintenance (such as it is) because some dealer twit didn't set the SI correctly.

It sounds like your SA/SM is trying to avoid doing their job - time to bump things up a level or two to the dealer managenment or BMWNA.