Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 03-26-2011, 03:58 PM

Mein Auto: M Roadster 535xi GT
535xi Gran Turismo exterior color

I'm a new member, and have enjoyed reading the various Gran Turismo posts. We're on the verge of factory ordering a 535xi GT. However, I 'm only sure of the interior color (Cinnamon Brown Nappa leather) and options desired. I initially thought the exterior would be Space Grey, and now we're not sure. Seems like we're working this issue inside out! Any one out there happy with Neptune Blue or Orion Silver, with the brown Nappa interior? Would appreciate hearing any and all comments. Thanks!
Ads by Google
Old 03-26-2011, 04:40 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 550i GT
I went around and around on my exterior color. Initially I was sure I wanted Orion Silver or Neptune Blue, because so many of the publicity shots featured those two colors, and I like the idea of choosing a model-specific color for the uniqueness factor. When I saw Orion Silver in person, it seemed too beige to me, but I still really like it in many of the marketing shots. I have still never seen Neptune Blue in person, but after tracking down a lot of photos of it on the internet, I decided it was too teal-greenish and not "steel blue" enough for my taste, and that I might tire of having a blue car over time. I then moved on to Space Gray, which I had on my previous two cars (a 650i convertible, preceded by an M5) even though I was really looking for a new color. I test drove a Space Gray GT and did like it, but then I saw a 5 Series sedan in Dark Graphite Metallic and I was immediately hooked. To me, it offers the best of Space Gray and Black Sapphire Metallic... visually more interesting than straight Black, and doesn't show dirt as much either. And it looks really good on the GT, esp. with the black shadowline trim in the Sport Package. Very happy with my choice.

Do yourself a favor and ignore the colors as shown on the BMW website (the marketing shots have been heavily Photoshopped, and the build-your-own colors are simulated, and thus inaccurate). Search the forms for real-world pics of each color, and do a Google search for photos as well, and when possible check out whatever colors you can in person. I amassed a large library of GT photos in each color, and cycling through them a few times (okay... many dozens of times) helped me narrow my choice.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:50 AM

Mein Auto: M Roadster 535xi GT
jdubbs:
Thanks for your reply and comments. May I ask, what is your interior color? Wondering how Cinnamon Brown Nappa would look with Dark Graphite?
Alan Miller
Old 03-27-2011, 11:21 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 550i GT
I went with Ivory White & Black Nappa Leather and Fineline Matte Wood Trim. I realized after I took delivery of my GT that you almost never see black (or in my case very dark gray) exteriors paired with white or very light interiors... almost always the interior color is dark like the exterior, e.g., black leather with a black exterior... occasionally you see tan interior, but rarely white. I don't think it's a problem, but it is probably somewhat unconventional... I still like it.

Cinnamon Brown interior with Dark Graphite exterior is a good combo, if you like the Cinnamon interior. There are some shots of this combination over on the Bimmerpost GT forum, posted by AhJai (do a search; not sure it's polite to link directly from Bimmerfest to Bimmerpost or vice-versa). I'm pretty sure I've seen some other shots of this combo elsewhere as well.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:53 PM
Eye of the Wolf

Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by afmiller View Post
jdubbs:
Thanks for your reply and comments. May I ask, what is your interior color? Wondering how Cinnamon Brown Nappa would look with Dark Graphite?
Alan Miller
Check out Car-fan's GT (Post your pics thread)

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...47&postcount=7
Old 03-27-2011, 06:11 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 650cic/ 2012 M3 ZCP
Quote:
Originally Posted by svanil View Post
Check out Car-fan's GT (Post your pics thread)

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...47&postcount=7

Thanks Svanil - here are 2 more shots of my Cinnamon Brown interior. Keep in mind the true hue is darker than what appears in photos. Saddle-ish is the best way to describe it,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new-2010-bmw-5_series-4drsdn550irwd-8507-5015879-13-400.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	272238   Click image for larger version

Name:	new-2010-bmw-5_series-4drsdn550irwd-8507-5015879-22-400.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	272239  
2012 X3 35i Titanium Silver/Black ZAP/ZPP/TECH/APPS/Breyton GTS/Continental Extreme DW (20's)

Last edited by car-fan; 03-27-2011 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:30 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 650cic/ 2012 M3 ZCP
A couple more shots. Please excuse the poor quality
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0374.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	272240   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0372.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	272241  
2012 X3 35i Titanium Silver/Black ZAP/ZPP/TECH/APPS/Breyton GTS/Continental Extreme DW (20's)