Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E60 M5 (2006 - 2010)

E60 M5 (2006 - 2010)

Old 03-16-2011, 08:07 PM

Mein Auto: ITR, 540iT, & Touareg V8
Wtf!!:/

So I just purchased my 06 M5 from a BMW dealer in CA. 2 days later, on my way home this mysterious "DBC, DSC, red & yellow
Advertisement
Old 03-19-2011, 09:23 AM

Mein Auto: Black M5
???
Old 03-19-2011, 10:32 AM
Account Under Review

Mein Auto: Off-Brand
sniper
Old 03-20-2011, 02:32 AM

Mein Auto: none at the moment
Lol
Old 03-29-2011, 10:44 PM

Mein Auto: ITR, 540iT, & Touareg V8
Sorry i was typing from my iphone. Anyways, update. I had to plead my case that I shouldn't pay for any of the service being done. After a week, they said that they couldn't find the problem I was describing. They resetted the car and did not fix the rest of my "non safety issue." ie excessive sunroof wind noise, passenger comfort seat, run-flat tires. Also had to point out that the second key was not recharging. After picking up the car they told me they replaced the battery in the key fob so just charge it in the car. Silly me, i thought they knew what kind of options I have in the car since I bought it from them in the first place. Car has comfort access. I had to go back the next day to tell them the fob with the new battery is not activating the key-less entry. The SA & tech tried to dismiss my issue by stating the fob with the new battery might not be a fob with comfort access ability & wants me to buy another fob. Is there such thing? I had to finally tell them both to check the key first. Tech came back 5 minutes later to tell me that the key needs to be programmed because he thought the key just needed a new battery which they replaced. Is this the kind of competent people we should entrust with our cars? I'm so losing my patience with this dealer, but it seems like I have no choice right now.