Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 04-13-2011, 02:25 PM

Mein Auto: 07 328i
Question Interior Trim

I have had my 2007 328i for about a year now, approaching 68K. Everything has been perfect except the interior trim, which happend to be the wood color. On the passenger side, there is slight crack running vertically, the part above the glove compartment. Horrible!!!!!! When theres a passenger there thats exactly what they see... also, the clips on the drivers side door, whats used to hold the trim on, have come out or broke off or something. I dont really know, i just know its looks like trash and im very dissappointed... this is not bimmer status.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there at least a way to hold the trim on the door back in place?
Ads by Google
Old 04-13-2011, 04:23 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 328ci Sport
I too have a 2007 328i and just had the trim around my cupholders replaced under warranty as it no longer clipped into place properly. I am quite stunned at some of the apparent shoddy quality for such a vehicle. No issues yet with the door trim.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:25 PM
GONE

Mein Auto: .................
Quote:
Originally Posted by superspry View Post
I have had my 2007 328i for about a year now, approaching 68K. Everything has been perfect except the interior trim, which happend to be the wood color. On the passenger side, there is slight crack running vertically, the part above the glove compartment. Horrible!!!!!! When theres a passenger there thats exactly what they see... also, the clips on the drivers side door, whats used to hold the trim on, have come out or broke off or something. I dont really know, i just know its looks like trash and im very dissappointed... this is not bimmer status.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there at least a way to hold the trim on the door back in place?
I have never had that certain problem, but I have had problems with the rest of the interior.

Take your vehicle to the local Bmw dealer and see how much it will cost you to fix.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 13' 328i Xdrive
Quote:

Simple. Bring it to the ****in dealer and they will fix it! Had 3 BMW's and never had a scratch on the trim. The trim doesn't just crack nor does it dislodge from the clips unless it is taken care of in an irresponsible manner.............

Last edited by Edb5020; 04-14-2011 at 07:38 AM.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:46 AM
Become the Bull

Mein Auto: 2009 335i Coupe
Most likely your dealer will tell you its a "YP" (your problem) unless its completely coming off.

I can tell you from personal experience (i replaced my alum. trim due to scratches) that the large dash piece is around $250-300, as well as the center console.

2009 335i Coupe - Delivered 7/23/2009
Old 04-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
I have had my 2007 328i for about a year now, approaching 68K.
2007 E9X famous for problems.

Never buy the first or last year of production.

I like the 3rd+ year -- by then, many problems fixed, though it took BMW 4 years to fix a simple problem, sypmtoms being bad HPFP and injecters.