Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-26-2011, 06:52 AM
Shaw's Avatar
Shaw Shaw is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Toronto
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 262
Mein Auto: 2011 X3 28i & 2013 328iX
Question Winter Tire Package- Is it worth it?

Thinking about next winter...
Anybody recommends a good winter tire substitude package which is more economical friendly than the pricy X3 winter tire package (over $3,500 in Canada)

We will be getting a 18" RFT tires that come with the 28i as standard. In general do you find the winter package essential for the new 2011 X3s?

It does help reducing the car insurance by 5% annually, but considering the CAPEX....
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 04-26-2011, 07:05 AM
No12 No12 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Western Canada
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 665
Mein Auto: 2012 135i E82 MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw View Post
Thinking about next winter...
Anybody recommends a good winter tire substitude package which is more economical friendly than the pricy X3 winter tire package (over $3,500 in Canada)

We will be getting a 18" RFT tires that come with the 28i as standard. In general do you find the winter package essential for the new 2011 X3s?

It does help reducing the car insurance by 5% annually, but considering the CAPEX....
In Toronto, not sure if essential or not. For me, living in central BC, it is essential. Tire Rack Canada have good packages of wheels and tires for the new X3. I usually do the OEM wheels, tho they are pricey, they fit perfectly, look good, and you can amortize your cost over a number of winters.
__________________
2014 MINI Cooper S, Thunder Grey, 6MT
Gone: 2012 135i Coupe, Jet Black, MSport, 6MT
Gone: 2012 135i Coupe,LeMans Blue, MSport, DCT, Prem
Gone: 2011 X35i, Vermillion Red, MSport.
Gone: 2007 328xiTouring, Barbera Red, Lemon, 6MT.
Gone: 2009 M3 Sedan, Alpine White, Black Novillo, M-DCT.
Gone: 2008 535xi, Alpine White, Black Dakota, MSport.
Long Gone: 11 other BMWs between 1971 and 1986.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-26-2011, 07:20 AM
Shaw's Avatar
Shaw Shaw is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Toronto
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 262
Mein Auto: 2011 X3 28i & 2013 328iX
Quote:
Originally Posted by No12 View Post
In Toronto, not sure if essential or not. For me, living in central BC, it is essential. Tire Rack Canada have good packages of wheels and tires for the new X3. I usually do the OEM wheels, tho they are pricey, they fit perfectly, look good, and you can amortize your cost over a number of winters.
No12,
Do we need to purchase special wheels as well or we can install the winter tires on the standard ones we have?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-26-2011, 08:34 AM
No12 No12 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Western Canada
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 665
Mein Auto: 2012 135i E82 MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw View Post
No12,
Do we need to purchase special wheels as well or we can install the winter tires on the standard ones we have?
Pretty sure you can use the wheels that came with your X3. I like getting the second set (I usually go down one size for the winters tho, mine will come with the 19" 369M wheels, so will likely get 18"ers for winter) so that one is not mounting and removing the tires twice a year. Costs more, but so much easier. This is particularly so if you plan to keep your car for several years.
__________________
2014 MINI Cooper S, Thunder Grey, 6MT
Gone: 2012 135i Coupe, Jet Black, MSport, 6MT
Gone: 2012 135i Coupe,LeMans Blue, MSport, DCT, Prem
Gone: 2011 X35i, Vermillion Red, MSport.
Gone: 2007 328xiTouring, Barbera Red, Lemon, 6MT.
Gone: 2009 M3 Sedan, Alpine White, Black Novillo, M-DCT.
Gone: 2008 535xi, Alpine White, Black Dakota, MSport.
Long Gone: 11 other BMWs between 1971 and 1986.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-26-2011, 09:05 AM
Shaw's Avatar
Shaw Shaw is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Toronto
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 262
Mein Auto: 2011 X3 28i & 2013 328iX
I agree...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms