Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Old 04-30-2011, 08:29 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i, 2003 330i
z4 and golf clubs

I am considering a new z4. Do golf clubs have to go in the front seat? I have a carry bag, but not the smallest kind.

Thanks
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2011, 06:59 AM

Mein Auto: BMW Z4 SDRIVE35IS
Golf clubs

With the top up, they'll fit fine
Old 05-01-2011, 11:13 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW Z4
If you get the through-loading system -- which comes as part of the cold-weather package, you get the little hatch in the middle that allows for things like skis to go in your trunk and then into the compartment between the seats. These work great for a set of golf clubs as well. With it, you can stick one set of clubs through the through-loading system and STILL drive with the top down. I do it all the time with my clubs.

This also means that with the top UP, you can fit TWO sets of clubs -- one through the through-loading system and the other on top of it.

You probably can just add the through-loading system without getting the cold-weather package. It's simply replacing that center console area.

/LesC
Old 05-01-2011, 07:17 PM

Mein Auto: BMW Z4
If you go with an older model (soft top) then you can get 2 sets of clubs and a 22" suitcase in the trunk with the top down.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:04 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 35is
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcheong View Post
If you get the through-loading system -- which comes as part of the cold-weather package, you get the little hatch in the middle that allows for things like skis to go in your trunk and then into the compartment between the seats. These work great for a set of golf clubs as well. With it, you can stick one set of clubs through the through-loading system and STILL drive with the top down. I do it all the time with my clubs.

This also means that with the top UP, you can fit TWO sets of clubs -- one through the through-loading system and the other on top of it.

You probably can just add the through-loading system without getting the cold-weather package. It's simply replacing that center console area.

/LesC

Exactly right. By the way if you use the through loading system the clubs don't extend very far into the cabin, just to the back of the armrest.
The through-loading system is available as a stand alone option, $195.00 in the U.S.

2011 Z4 35is
2014 X3 28i
Old 05-03-2011, 11:20 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 Z4 sDrive 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncblum View Post
If you go with an older model (soft top) then you can get 2 sets of clubs and a 22" suitcase in the trunk with the top down.
Thats fantastic, but the OP said he is considering the new generation, not the old one. Thats why he posted in this forum, and not the older Z4 forum.

Last edited by BlueZ4AZ; 05-03-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:34 PM

Mein Auto: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4golfer View Post
Exactly right. By the way if you use the through loading system the clubs don't extend very far into the cabin, just to the back of the armrest.
The through-loading system is available as a stand alone option, $195.00 in the U.S.
Do you know the part numbers? Also, anyone try to use the through loading system to carry a guitar with the top open? I am considering adding so I can carry my Les Paul, which has a guitar shaped case (not a square one) or can use a soft case if will not fit...
Old 05-04-2011, 09:54 AM

Supremeart, as far as I know the through loading system can't be added by the dealer, however I'm sure there are other custom shops that you could find to do the job.
I've got to admit that I'm a little surprised that living in New York, you didn't order the cold weather package knowing that you'd be driving with all that white stuff on the ground.

I do think the opening would accommodate the neck of a guitar case, it's about 8 or 9 inches square.

2011 Z4 35is
2014 X3 28i
Old 05-04-2011, 11:28 AM

Mein Auto: USA
Quote:
Supremeart, as far as I know the through loading system can't be added by the dealer, however I'm sure there are other custom shops that you could find to do the job.
I've got to admit that I'm a little surprised that living in New York, you didn't order the cold weather package knowing that you'd be driving with all that white stuff on the ground.

I do think the opening would accommodate the neck of a guitar case, it's about 8 or 9 inches square.
I didn't want the headlight washers since my car has never been dirty enough to warrant a jet cleaning. I didn't think I would need the loading system and I got heated seats as a separate option.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeart View Post
I didn't want the headlight washers since my car has never been dirty enough to warrant a jet cleaning. I didn't think I would need the loading system and I got heated seats as a separate option.
I actually broke a plastic tab of my through-loading opening, so they replaced it under warranty. Basically, it is a "cheap" black piece of plastic that replaces the little storage area you probably already have between the seats. In fact, when you get the through-loading package, they give you the standard plastic storage piece as well. I do freely swap between the through-loading piece and the storage piece.

SO ... I would think that your BMW dealer can easily get you that through-loading system piece, and you can easily "install" it yourself.... unless my car is different only because I got it as part of the car via the cold-weather package.

Give them a call and tell them you're looking for the through-loading system. My guess is that they have it or can order it for you and it's not that expensive.

/LesC
Old 05-05-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
I actually broke a plastic tab of my through-loading opening, so they replaced it under warranty. Basically, it is a "cheap" black piece of plastic that replaces the little storage area you probably already have between the seats. In fact, when you get the through-loading package, they give you the standard plastic storage piece as well. I do freely swap between the through-loading piece and the storage piece.

SO ... I would think that your BMW dealer can easily get you that through-loading system piece, and you can easily "install" it yourself.... unless my car is different only because I got it as part of the car via the cold-weather package.

Give them a call and tell them you're looking for the through-loading system. My guess is that they have it or can order it for you and it's not that expensive.

/LesC
Icheong, Cars without the through-loading system don't have that storage area between the seats.

2011 Z4 35is
2014 X3 28i
Old 05-05-2011, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Icheong, Cars without the through-loading system don't have that storage area between the seats.
Oh really? I never really knew that. So, what do those cars have there? Any storage at all? That is one of the main storage areas for me ... that and the front dash area since I don't have the navigation system there.

/LesC
Old 05-05-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Oh really? I never really knew that. So, what do those cars have there? Any storage at all? That is one of the main storage areas for me ... that and the front dash area since I don't have the navigation system there.

/LesC
Just the narrow shelf behind the seats, the glovebox and the console.
I have the through-loading system but never put anything in that storage spot until about two weeks ago. I have a sunscreen stick that rolls around in there, that's it. I'll have to find a way to put it to better use.

2011 Z4 35is
2014 X3 28i