Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 05-07-2011, 08:40 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
OMG! Just pulled the trigger.....

I just placed my order. Hopefully made the right configuration for me.

X3 28i (Kept going back and forth on whether to go with the extra power but I would have just been doing it b/c I was going to feel like I was missing out. 28i is going to be plenty enough for me)
Tech Pkg (must have)
BMW Apps (must have)
Prem Pkg (not necessary a must but since it tags along with the Tech Pkg, I have no choice)
Sports Activity Pkg (wanted the sports seats)
Convenience Pkg (do I really want this? Must haves from this pkg are Xenons, Comfort Access, and Cargo Nets)

I ended up getting the Convenience Pkg. I was not going to get it because of the delays with the Power Tailgate. My CA told me that there are no longer delays with this option so he advised I get the pkg. I am still not a 100% though I placed the order. It isn't something I really need to have and I don't want it to be something that breaks down a lot that is going to be a pain.

I was also back and forth on DHP but in the end I realized just like the Turbo engine, I would probably not really realize what I was missing. I am a really relaxed non-aggressive driver.

Love to hear your feedback. I just put in the order today.
Ads by Google
Old 05-07-2011, 08:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Nice package you put together. What color/trim are you going with?
Old 05-07-2011, 11:17 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarpath View Post
Nice package you put together. What color/trim are you going with?
Really? You think I should keep that power tailgate? I am really nervous about it giving me problems later on.

I went with Titanium Silver (It was a tough choice between this and Space Grey. I went with the practical route. With Titanium Silver-scratches and the fact that the car hasn't been washed in months isn't as noticeable.)
Trim and leather: Black Nevada with Fineline Wave Wood (was thinking about just going with simple silver accents with the dark interior but when I saw photos posted by others on the forum, I didn't think it looked bad.)
Old 05-08-2011, 12:42 AM
Retired

Mein Auto: 12 z & 09 Accord Coupe
Keep the tailgate - great for resale and a simple system really - not new fangled...

RTOM.....
Old 05-08-2011, 02:53 AM

I have a question re: the power tailagate. I understand that you can open and close the tailgate with the push of a button with this option. Without the power tailgate option,

1. Can the driver open the tailgate from the inside

2. Is the tailgate closed manually or is there a button on the tailgate that closes it?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:58 AM

Mein Auto: 2000 VW Passat 1.8T
1. I just got my car yesterday and I don't think there is a button inside the car to open the tailgate (weird cause most cars have this).

2. yes, there is a button right on the underside of the tailgate to close the tailgate from the back of the car.

And I would think about the DHP as I too am not a crazy aggressive driver, but wow, does that option really tighten things up. It's an amazing option for the money I think.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:11 AM

Now that I am thinking about it, I suppose that from the inside, the driver can open the tailgate with the key fob.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:25 AM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarpath View Post
Now that I am thinking about it, I suppose that from the inside, the driver can open the tailgate with the key fob.
lower left kick panel

RTOM.....
Old 05-08-2011, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen E View Post
lower left kick panel
I am not sure I understand what you are saying here. Can the liftgate been opened from the inside without the power liftgate option (other than with the key fob)?
Old 05-08-2011, 08:21 AM
Retired

90% sure the kick panel button has nothing to do with the gate being poser or not...ask your client advisor

RTOM.....