Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:02 AM
Tolerated by the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian eh! View Post
Good luck with your shipping, once it was on the boat mine was very quick to arrive!
How many days? I know that the actual voyage is 12 days in duration with boats leaving on a Wednesday.

Quote:
Please note the part number I have ordered is for the iphone 3GS. The part number for the iphone 4 is different.

Your part number should be #84212218390 for an iphone 4, however I make no warranty or guarantee with regard to how correct that is!!
Yep, that is the correct part number.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:26 AM

Mein Auto: Audi A3 - X1 on order!!
[QUOTE=DUH CAR;6057990]How many days? I know that the actual voyage is 12 days in duration with boats leaving on a Wednesday.

The ship arrived on a Sunday and the car was ready for delivery at the dealer the following tuesday. Or nine days after it hit port. I am in Ontario, if that helps you figure out distances.

Good luck!
Old 05-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Tolerated by the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
The ship arrived on a Sunday and the car was ready for delivery at the dealer the following tuesday. Or nine days after it hit port. I am in Ontario, if that helps you figure out distances.

Good luck!
Thanks. That's about what I figured. 3 days at VPC, 3 days by rail to Concord and then trucking down to dealer and PDI. Now all I have to do is find out the ship. I have the VIN, so it's just checking the Wallenius site that will tell me that.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:24 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 X1 xDrive28i
I picked up my (Canadian) 2012 X1 xDrive28i on May 28. It was one of the first to hit Saskatchewan. Black inside and out with the red-brown all leather seats. All options except sport package and XM radio. I love the car! It handles great. I had been looking at Infiniti EX/FX, but like this a lot better. All of the features are actually useful and seem to work very well. The voice control in this vehicle is actually useful, and quite amazing. It's a complete waste in any other vehicle I've driven. However, I'm a bit baffled over the whole BMW Apps / snap-in adapter saga. Mine was supposed to have BMW Apps, but apparently does not. My dealer said it did, then changed their story to say that none of the X1's in Canada will have it. Meanwhile, several of you are reporting on here that you do have it. DOH! I can use my iPhone 4 via bluetooth or the front console USB port with no problems, and have full phone and music access. I have a weird bracket type thing in my armrest that looks like something would snap into it, but there are no wires or connections in there. Just the USB port in the front console and the one in the glove box. Anybody know if this (BMW Apps, snap-in adapter, etc.) can all be added after market??
Old 05-16-2012, 03:25 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X1,
Ordered my Space Grey X1 with PremiumPack/LightingPack/NavPack/Xenon 2 weeks ago, will arrive June 30. Anyone know where I can get the Titanium Grille to replace the stock Black Grille?

Last edited by ploc36; 05-16-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:35 PM
HerrDoktorProfessor

Mein Auto: '11 335d
Could one of you nice Canadians do us Yanks a solid and take some pics of the back hatch area with and without seats folded down? I'm really curious about how much space the X1 really has.

Entertaining America Since 1975
European Delivery July 26th 2011
ED Video:
ED Trip Report:http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=557294

335d| Deep Sea Blue| Black/Aluminum | Stuff | Gadgets | More Stuff | Power Whatnots | Auto-Verbing Nouns
BMWCCA #448878