Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E39 M5 (1998-2003)

E39 M5 (1998-2003)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Cookie Monster Cookie Monster is offline
Registered User
Location: Northern Mississippi
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 39
Mein Auto: M5
Thumbs up I'm back proud owner of a M5

I'm back on my second E-39 BMW first was a 528i nice machine but left it to the X wife, sad she could not maintain it and run it in the ground, Anyway i stepped up and got me a 01 M5 low miles only 53,000 on her.
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 03-08-2011, 07:17 PM
ProRail ProRail is offline
"Clunker" *****
Location: Columbia MD
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,601
Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 528A--165K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
I'm back on my second E-39 BMW first was a 528i nice machine but left it to the X wife, sad she could not maintain it and run it in the ground, Anyway i stepped up and got me a 01 M5 low miles only 53,000 on her.
Run a 528 into the ground? Wow. That's a major accomplishment. How did she do that?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-08-2011, 07:21 PM
Cookie Monster Cookie Monster is offline
Registered User
Location: Northern Mississippi
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 39
Mein Auto: M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProRail View Post
Run a 528 into the ground? Wow. That's a major accomplishment. How did she do that?
I was prorail, run it hot, low of oil, did not run it for 7 or 8 months, . you cannot fix stupid my friend. However I would not have picked up the mint M5 had I not let her have that one.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-19-2011, 09:42 PM
Cookie Monster Cookie Monster is offline
Registered User
Location: Northern Mississippi
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 39
Mein Auto: M5
finally Picked up my M5 this past Wednesday it is absolutely phenomenal, I thought my 2000 528i handled well, no comparison, I have drove my share of high performance cars, and the others in this class are not even close. IMO the E-39 M5 is one of the finest automobiles ever manufactured, Awsome machine !!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-22-2011, 09:01 PM
bimmernut1 bimmernut1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Kansas
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 235
Mein Auto: Porsche, BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
finally Picked up my M5 this past Wednesday it is absolutely phenomenal, I thought my 2000 528i handled well, no comparison, I have drove my share of high performance cars, and the others in this class are not even close. IMO the E-39 M5 is one of the finest automobiles ever manufactured, Awsome machine !!!
Congratulations on the purchase. The e39 M5 is definitely one of the best cars I've ever owned and there have been quite a few.
__________________
1979 Porsche 911SC
1996 Porsche 993 C4S
2003 BMW M5
2013 BMW X3 35i
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-01-2011, 08:18 AM
Cookie Monster Cookie Monster is offline
Registered User
Location: Northern Mississippi
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 39
Mein Auto: M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmernut1 View Post
Congratulations on the purchase. The e39 M5 is definitely one of the best cars I've ever owned and there have been quite a few.
Again I concur
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-14-2011, 03:27 PM
mark_m5's Avatar
mark_m5 mark_m5 is offline
Overly Intellectual
Location: Where the money is.
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,539
Mein Auto: 2002 M5, 1999 M Roadster
Congrats Cookie Monster!
__________________
Mark
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-13-2011, 07:58 PM
Edgy36-39's Avatar
Edgy36-39 Edgy36-39 is offline
Constantly Learning
Location: Northern Virginia
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,220
Mein Auto: 1999 M3, 2002 M5
Congrats -- just picked up one too, 2002 LMB.
__________________
I LIKE OLDER BMWS, PLEASE HELP ME:
Fern Green 99 M3, Conforti Shark Software, Conforti CAI, Dinan Exhaust. Stamped LTWs, 235x40 square, OEM Hella heads, ///M Pedal Kit, Clear Corners, OEM Rear Spoiler, CD43 stereo. MRegistry listing here.
Le Mans 2002 M5, Black/Titanium, Rogue SSK, Dinan exhaust, PSS9 coilovers, Euro rotors, iPod integration. MRegistry listing here.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E39 M5 (1998-2003)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms