Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems

Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems
Have you had an exceptionally great experience with a particular BMW Center? Have you had a bad experience at your BMW Center? Frustrated by problems or defects with your vehicle? Post your stories or comments here.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:24 PM

Mein Auto: 335i
Greg Poland / Pacific BMW

This is my first post, but I think others may find this information useful. Thanks to all the incredible information on this forum, I was able to conclude my M3 Conv purchase quickly and without wasting money. For the most part, though, I'm writing this as a thank-you note for Greg Poland, one of the board sponsors.

First, I contacted a few dealerships to see what deals they could offer and whether or not a lease was an option for me. This was mostly a disappointing experience, especially since most of those dealerships either wanted to haggle over the price, charged huge markups on MFs, or stopped replying to my emails once they found out that I wouldn't be the easiest customer to get approved through BMWFS thanks to a few late payments.

Luckily, someone suggested I contact one of the board sponsors, so I got in touch with Greg Poland in Los Angeles. Greg didn't ask me to post this recommendation (hopefully he won't mind, either), but he deserves it after the great work he did to first get me approved for a lease with BMWFS (without a MF markup) and quickly and efficiently set up my ED appointment and car purchase. I also didn't have to negotiate the price at all - Greg offered his usual great pricing (set amount over invoice - very reasonable) without my having to ask. Furthermore, since I generally have learned to distrust dealers, he did his best to share all relevant information with me, including screen shots and whatever other information was relevant.

I did not think buying a car could be so painless and simple. Greg's great, and he dealt with my 30+ emails quickly and professionally. I'd never thought I would say this - but this was actually a pleasant experience and if you are looking for a car in California, I really don't think you could do much better than to go with Greg. This is how car buying should be IMO.

I realize that there's a lot of superlatives in this post - but honestly,
Ads by Google
Old 01-22-2011, 09:38 AM

Mein Auto: SRT8
Did you lease? May I ask your terms and payment.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfe View Post
Did you lease? May I ask your terms and payment.
Yes, I did. You can find the current lease rates in the "BMW Auto Lease Programs - January 2011" sticky in this forum.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:43 PM

Mein Auto: 528i M
+1 for Greg.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:24 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by sba110 View Post
Just picked up my car (couldn't do ED after all). The car is great of course. But the buying process was great, too, since everything worked out exactly as Greg had promised. There weren't any last minute surprises at the dealership (like "oh btw BMW wants more money for the lease").

I didn't have to tell Greg not to mount the front license plate holder, or not to display the car on the showroom, or any of that. He clearly knows exactly what he's doing. I hate buying cars bc of shady dealerships and sales people and I have made my share of bad experiences there. This time was 100% better. Thanks Greg.
Congrats!

Since you ended up not doing ED, did you still get the ED discount? I don't mind doing ED but worry about last minute cancellation. Wonder how they deal with that.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
Congrats!

Since you ended up not doing ED, did you still get the ED discount? I don't mind doing ED but worry about last minute cancellation. Wonder how they deal with that.
I didn't get the ED discount, but other than that, everything stayed the same.

Also traded in my old 335 and the Greg managed to get me the same deal on it as my CarMax appraisal. They just matched it. Quite nice since trade-ins are usually such a bad deal.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:22 PM
Mace

Mein Auto: 335i Coupe
+1 for Greg! ED was perfect and I'm waiting redelivery right now (signature pic is crossing the Alps back into Austria from Italy). Everthing has gone down with perfect timing and Greg's been very easy to work with. When PCD is done in July then I expect Greg will have a perfect score with me!

YESTERDAY: '08 335i Coupe, Space Gray, Coral Red, Gray Poplar, 6-MT, ED 10 May '08.
TODAY: '11 M3 Convertible, Mineral White, Fox Red, Extended Leather, Carbon Leather, 6-MT, 19" Style 220M Wheels, EDC, EPS, ZP2, ZCV, ZCW. ED 29 Apr '11. PCD Re-delivery July 27.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace14 View Post
+1 for Greg! ED was perfect and I'm waiting redelivery right now (signature pic is crossing the Alps back into Austria from Italy). Everthing has gone down with perfect timing and Greg's been very easy to work with. When PCD is done in July then I expect Greg will have a perfect score with me!
Nice profile picture! Good luck with PCD; I'll definitely have to do ED next time. Looks amazing!
Old 05-16-2011, 08:08 AM

Mein Auto: F30 335i
It's nice to hear your pleasant buying experience with Greg. i envy you.
im in the market for new car, but so far i'm not that happy with dealers from where i live.
maybe, i should talk to Greg.^^
Old 05-16-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by safelight902 View Post
It's nice to hear your pleasant buying experience with Greg. i envy you.
im in the market for new car, but so far i'm not that happy with dealers from where i live.
maybe, i should talk to Greg.^^
Looks like you're on the east coast? Have you tried contacting one of the sponsors there? http://garage.bimmerfest.com/siteSpo...tesponsorindex
Old 05-16-2011, 01:08 PM

Mein Auto: F30 335i
I didn't know that there are so many.

Thanks for the info.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:02 PM

Mein Auto: 330i/335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by sba110 View Post
This is my first post, but I think others may find this information useful. Thanks to all the incredible information on this forum, I was able to conclude my M3 Conv purchase quickly and without wasting money. For the most part, though, I'm writing this as a thank-you note for Greg Poland, one of the board sponsors.

First, I contacted a few dealerships to see what deals they could offer and whether or not a lease was an option for me. This was mostly a disappointing experience, especially since most of those dealerships either wanted to haggle over the price, charged huge markups on MFs, or stopped replying to my emails once they found out that I wouldn't be the easiest customer to get approved through BMWFS thanks to a few late payments.

Luckily, someone suggested I contact one of the board sponsors, so I got in touch with Greg Poland in Los Angeles. Greg didn't ask me to post this recommendation (hopefully he won't mind, either), but he deserves it after the great work he did to first get me approved for a lease with BMWFS (without a MF markup) and quickly and efficiently set up my ED appointment and car purchase. I also didn't have to negotiate the price at all - Greg offered his usual great pricing (set amount over invoice - very reasonable) without my having to ask. Furthermore, since I generally have learned to distrust dealers, he did his best to share all relevant information with me, including screen shots and whatever other information was relevant.

I did not think buying a car could be so painless and simple. Greg's great, and he dealt with my 30+ emails quickly and professionally. I'd never thought I would say this - but this was actually a pleasant experience and if you are looking for a car in California, I really don't think you could do much better than to go with Greg. This is how car buying should be IMO.

I realize that there's a lot of superlatives in this post - but honestly,
Concur.

Greg did a great job with our 335i ED in March and follow up PCD in May. Simply outstanding pricing and service and I highly recommend him, regardless of where you live (as long as you don't mind picking up in SoCal or South Carolina).

Highly recommended due to the info he provides here on the board too . . . .
Old 05-17-2011, 10:12 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 F10 M5 CP
Although I haven't bought a car from him, I recommend him as well. He is very informative and responsive.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:50 PM

Mein Auto: 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodonx View Post
Although I haven't bought a car from him, I recommend him as well. He is very informative and responsive.
+1 to that!

Greg is awesome - quick responses, great information and very helpful. In fact, he is at least 1000 times more helpful than the CA I ordered my car through - I've got faster and more helpful responses from Greg BY FAR.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:07 PM

Mein Auto: 5 series
Smile

+1 Greg rocks!! He is the best CA ever!! He is really there for you... has your best interest in mind and not just doing a sale....don't even think twice, call him!!
Old 05-21-2011, 02:54 PM
'Fest Dealer

Mein Auto: Kick Scooter
for greg
Old 05-21-2011, 04:22 PM

Where is the location for pick up if I order from Greg?
Old 05-21-2011, 06:58 PM

Mein Auto: not a bmw
Pacific BMW is in Glendale, CA. I'll be picking up our 2012 X5 this coming Friday from Greg and driving up to NorCal after we do some driving in LA/San Diego area.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
Where is the location for pick up if I order from Greg?
As mentioned, Los Angeles or of course the PDC in South Carolina. Though someone here said Greg arranged to have their car shipped to the Bay Area. Personally, I found the drive from LA to NorCal to be very nice and it also got me closer to 1200 miles.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:00 PM

Thank you guys, I will keep it in mind.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:31 AM

Mein Auto: 750i
Buying from Greg Poland at Pacific BMW

Over the years I have purchased several BMWs (one 3 series, three 5 series, two 6's and one 7) from my local dealer - so you would think they would treat me fairly. The problem is that the turnover is so high, I am nearly always treated as a "new" customer.

This weekend, being that my wife's 650 lease was up - it was time for a new BMW (yeah!!), and after two six series, my wife wanted a 535. My wife took the car to the dealer for inspection and drove the five (and the X6). She decided on the five, and after the brand new sales person conferred with the (unseen) sales manager - my wife received a quote that so irritated her, she simply walked out of the dealership.

Since I live in San Diego, I sent my first ever PM to one of the SoCal board sponsors Greg Poland. I simply asked for his best price and promised not to share the information with anyone. Almost immediately he responded with a very, very good quote. (Surprisingly much better than my local dealer).

What surprised me the most was that even though I had never met Greg, he treated me with the respect of a long time customer (both in pricing and service). He even offered to pick me up at the train station so I could drive the car home! Talk about service!

I know this has been said often - but if you can swing it, give Greg a chance to earn your business. He spends a lot of time on this board helping people even though he knows most will never purchase from him. So, if you live in SoCal - send him PM!

Thanks Greg!

[His] 2006 750i Sport - Jet Black, 21" wheels, premium sound, luxury seating, convenience, comfort access, Sirius (Jet)
[Hers] 2008 650i - Metallic Black, Sports, Prem Sound, HUD, HD Radio, Cold Weather, Sirius (Shiloh)

Moved on from:
2005 645Ci (Ava)
2004 545i (Chief)
2002 330i (Kira)
1998 528i (Slick)
1999 540i (Sly)

Last edited by credit777; 05-29-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:55 PM

Mein Auto: 06 650i, 08 MINI ClubmanS
Quote:
Originally Posted by credit777 View Post
Over the years I have purchased several BMWs (one 3 series, three 5 series, two 6's and one 7) from my local dealer - so you would think they would treat me fairly. The problem is that the turnover is so high, I am nearly always treated as a "new" customer.

This weekend, being that my wife's 650 lease was up - it was time for a new BMW (yeah!!), and after two six series, my wife wanted a 535. My wife took the car to the dealer for inspection and drove the five (and the X6). She decided on the five, and after the brand new sales person conferred with the (unseen) sales manager - my wife received a quote that so irritated her, she simply walked out of the dealership.

Since I live in San Diego, I sent my first ever PM to one of the SoCal board sponsors Greg Poland. I simply asked for his best price and promised not to share the information with anyone. Almost immediately he responded with a very, very good quote. (Surprisingly much better than my local dealer).

What surprised me the most was that even though I had never met Greg, he treated me with the respect of a long time customer (both in pricing and service). He even offered to pick me up at the train station so I could drive the car home! Talk about service!

I know this has been said often - but if you can swing it, give Greg a chance to earn your business. He spends a lot of time on this board helping people even though he knows most will never purchase from him. So, if you live in SoCal - send him PM!

Thanks Greg!
+1
2008 Cooper S Clubman (Sold)
2006 650i (sold)
2011 535i M-Sport (ED September 17th, 2011,redeliver on 11/15/2011, sold)
2011 Z4 SDrive35is (ED September 17th, 2011, redeliver on 11/9/2011, Lease return on September 2013)
2013 M3 (ED pickup April 23rd, 2013, redeliver on 6/28/2013)
BMWCCA: 359118
Old 05-29-2011, 04:21 PM
Registered Troublemaker

Mein Auto: 2002 M3
He's taking care of my euro delivery E90 M3 sedan. Excellent communication by Greg has made this a very easy process.

2005 E53 X5 4.4i, Imola Red over black, Sport, Premium, Cold, Hybrid Audio Technology Imagine 6.5's

2011 E90 M3, Melbourne Red Metallic, Fox Red/Black, 6-speed, Premium 2, Heated seats, iPod/USB, Technic harness, JL 6/600
Old 05-29-2011, 04:57 PM
HerrDoktorProfessor

Mein Auto: '11 335d
He's arranging my E90 328i ED as well.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:09 PM
Mace

Mein Auto: 335i Coupe
+1 for Greg. The OP hit everything on the head, Greg's a great guy to work with.

YESTERDAY: '08 335i Coupe, Space Gray, Coral Red, Gray Poplar, 6-MT, ED 10 May '08.
TODAY: '11 M3 Convertible, Mineral White, Fox Red, Extended Leather, Carbon Leather, 6-MT, 19" Style 220M Wheels, EDC, EPS, ZP2, ZCV, ZCW. ED 29 Apr '11. PCD Re-delivery July 27.