Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 05-24-2011, 09:45 AM
Enthusiast

Mein Auto: E92 335i Coupe
Post Is there an X3 M in the future? Possibly tri-turbo?

New X3 M Coming?

Is BMW going to keep expanding the line-up of ///M engineered X models with the addition of an X3 M? According to an article from Car Magazine, it is coming in the not too distant future.

The kicker is talk of a new "tri-turbo" setup from the M division including a set of traditional gas driven twin turbos and a third electric turbo. These turbos will be paired with a tweaked variant of the new M3 straight six...displacement possibly up to 3.2 from 3.0 -- total HP to be at or near 449bhp!

The line-up of BMW options continues to grow and it appears the X3 M is a go for as early as 2012.

Do you have a need for this much power from a mid-sized SUV? Would you be in line to test drive and bring one home?

Source: Car Magazine

Follow our full F25 X3 coverage at http://www.bimmerfest.com/tag/F25
Ads by Google
Old 05-24-2011, 11:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW X3 3.0i (manual)
Ok, but will it come with a manual transmission?

James
Seattle, WA
Old 05-24-2011, 11:44 AM
Retired

Mein Auto: 12 z & 09 Accord Coupe
some of these permutations make me scratch my head - I can see an M model but wouldn't you want a real sports car like a coupe or sedan if you desire handling? I would think the CG would still be too high to get really good performance...

RTOM.....

Last edited by Glen E; 05-24-2011 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to wisbimmer20
Mein Auto: 1998 BMW 328I
I'm surprised they haven't made one already. They should never have made an X6 M in my opinion, tarnishes the brand image of M I think just slapping an M badge everywhere which is what they've been doing lately it seems. It looks like they're stopping that though with the new 1M and hopefully a great X3 M

Previous BMWs:

1995 BMW 530i
1995 BMW 525i
Old 05-24-2011, 07:27 PM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pix335i View Post
New X3 M Coming?

Is BMW going to keep expanding the line-up of ///M engineered X models with the addition of an X3 M? According to an article from Car Magazine, it is coming in the not too distant future.

The kicker is talk of a new "tri-turbo" setup from the M division including a set of traditional gas driven twin turbos and a third electric turbo. These turbos will be paired with a tweaked variant of the new M3 straight six...displacement possibly up to 3.2 from 3.0 -- total HP to be at or near 449bhp!

The line-up of BMW options continues to grow and it appears the X3 M is a go for as early as 2012.

Do you have a need for this much power from a mid-sized SUV? Would you be in line to test drive and bring one home?

Source: Car Magazine

Follow our full F25 X3 coverage at http://www.bimmerfest.com/tag/F25
DAM SKIPPY its in my sig...this is what I have been waiting for all along!!!!!

Gives a whole new breath of life to the X3 imo.. I also agree why they wasted an M Class on the X6 is beyond me.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more

Last edited by Evlengr; 05-24-2011 at 07:30 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:46 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 330i
omg i just think it looks ugly...
Old 05-24-2011, 11:06 PM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen E View Post
some of these permutations make me scratch my head - I can see an M model but wouldn't you want a real sports car like a coupe or sedan if you desire handling? I would think the CG would still be too high to get really good performance...
Some of us are looking for the best of both worlds. If they would bring the RS3 Audi over here I would own that instead, but this is next best thing.

Driving in DC can be cut throat to some degree. Having added handling and power can be a must when a semi is barrelling down on you and you need to get out of the way ---fast.

Its also fun late at night when no one is looking
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more
Old 05-25-2011, 12:05 PM

Mein Auto: M Coupe
I dont' even know why they bother having an "M" designation anymore. It means absolutely nothing now, aside from the fact that the driver has (possibly too much) money and/or little automotive knowledge. After all, nothing screams "Motorsports" like a 5000lb lump of steel. The tracks are pretty much full of 'em anymore....eh?

"Silver anniversary"
"Brougham"
"S"
"/M"

Guess they can enjoy knowing they have turned what used to be an automotive icon into another marketing synonym for a "You paid too much" edition.

I was going to make a joke about them BMW whoring the label out to bicycles, but I see even the most ridiculous situation I can come up with is already a reality.

http://images.gizmag.com/gallery_lrg/bmw-bikes-3.jpg

What next? /M tricycles? There HAS to be some money there right? They can sell them too all the /M SUV drivin' poser's lil' tykes - I mean, they should be able to get a 5-7K a pop for them, right? It's an "M" after all, it is really, really special