Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E39 (1997 - 2003)

E39 (1997 - 2003)
The BMW 5-Series (E39 chassis) was introduced in the United States as a 1997 model year car and lasted until the 2004 when the E60 chassis was released. The United States saw several variations including the 525i, 528i, 530i and 540i. -- View the E39 Wiki

Old 05-25-2011, 07:44 PM

Mein Auto: "Adele" 2001 530i Black
Yet another blower fan (Fuse 75, 76) question

Hello. I'm new to the forums, although I have used them before to help me with minor issues.

This is a minor issue, but I am having a HELL of a time figuring it out. I've read through several posts about the location of Fuses 75 and 76 and the FSU in a 2001 530i, but I can't seem to find it. I've scoured the glove box, underneath the glove box, inside the fuse panel, all to no avail. I'm frustrated now, so I've stopped. I'm not an idiot so not being able to figure this out is utterly infuriating. Any help would be great...especially with pictures.
Ads by Google
Old 05-25-2011, 10:11 PM

Mein Auto: 02' 530iA@140k
I just checked mine a month ago. Do this, put your head where the passenger feet should be, I mean, really in there against the wall. Look up to the sky, pull that black panel with a big round hole towards passenger seat. You'll see.
09/12: alternator, VANOS seals, differential oil change
04/13: 2nd auto transmission drain & refill, changed fuel filter
12/13: OFH gasket
05/14: Aux. fan
Old 05-26-2011, 12:15 AM
Seek to understand,^Value

Mein Auto: 02 BMW 525i M54 auto 130K
There are plenty of pictures of the FSU location and the fuse locations in the FSU threads in the bestlinks ...

- What is the canonical thread on the BMW E39 FSU/FSR/Blower Motor Resistor (1) and what is the right brand FSR to purchase (1) (2) when your interior heating & air conditioning HVAC/IHKA blower motor goes haywire (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) & how to repair your own final stage resistor including an autopsy & wiring diagram schematic (1) (2) and why a bad final stage unit will cause the battery to drain overnight (1) (2) (3) & how to isolate and replace the E39 blower motor (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) & how not to replace the FSU (1)
Old 05-26-2011, 04:03 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 540/6, S60 Volvo, Tribeca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lailoken View Post
Hello. I'm new to the forums, although I have used them before to help me with minor issues.

This is a minor issue, but I am having a HELL of a time figuring it out. I've read through several posts about the location of Fuses 75 and 76 and the FSU in a 2001 530i, but I can't seem to find it. I've scoured the glove box, underneath the glove box, inside the fuse panel, all to no avail. I'm frustrated now, so I've stopped. I'm not an idiot so not being able to figure this out is utterly infuriating. Any help would be great...especially with pictures.
Pull the bottom plastic panel off that is under the glove box, pull it straight back toward the seat.
Then unhook the side supports for the glove box.
This is what your will see.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RelayRack2.JPG
Views:	5309
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	279778  
Old 05-26-2011, 03:37 PM

Mein Auto: "Adele" 2001 530i Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPhang View Post
I just checked mine a month ago. Do this, put your head where the passenger feet should be, I mean, really in there against the wall. Look up to the sky, pull that black panel with a big round hole towards passenger seat. You'll see.
Awesome! Thanks so much. Finally got it open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLev View Post
Pull the bottom plastic panel off that is under the glove box, pull it straight back toward the seat.
Then unhook the side supports for the glove box.
This is what your will see.
Thank you also! One more question though: Whats the easiest way to unhook the supports without breaking the tabs?