Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest Regional > Regional Forums > Canada > Que, Ont, NB, NS, Nfld, PEI

Que, Ont, NB, NS, Nfld, PEI

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-25-2011, 11:31 AM
nesterk's Avatar
nesterk nesterk is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Toronto, Canada
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 225
Mein Auto: 2011 550xi
How to track assembly/delivery?

Have ordered 2011 550xi last week - so now the fun part - waiting..

Is there are a way for Canadians to track the progress?
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 05-28-2011, 12:28 PM
miked miked is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Canada
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 89
Mein Auto: 550ix Dark Graphite
Yes you can track your car, the number I called is 1-800-567-2691 for BMW Canada. They can tell you what stage your car is currently at and they track it right till it gets to the port of Bremerhaven. After that you can log on to the shipping website and enter the last 7 of your VIN (you will have it by then) and find out what ship your car will be loaded on and when it is scheduled to arrive in Canada. The website for the ship tracking is:

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp

I received my 550xi one week ago today.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-28-2011, 12:41 PM
nesterk's Avatar
nesterk nesterk is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Toronto, Canada
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 225
Mein Auto: 2011 550xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
Yes you can track your car, the number I called is 1-800-567-2691 for BMW Canada. They can tell you what stage your car is currently at and they track it right till it gets to the port of Bremerhaven. After that you can log on to the shipping website and enter the last 7 of your VIN (you will have it by then) and find out what ship your car will be loaded on and when it is scheduled to arrive in Canada. The website for the ship tracking is:

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp

I received my 550xi one week ago today.
Congratulations!
ok, thank you for the info.
Currently I have 7digit production number only..

BTW, when have you ordered your car?
And what are the steps - did they contact you to confirm options/colors/etc, or by default they only contact when the car is in the dealership?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-29-2011, 06:36 AM
miked miked is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Canada
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 89
Mein Auto: 550ix Dark Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesterk View Post
Congratulations!
ok, thank you for the info.
Currently I have 7digit production number only..

BTW, when have you ordered your car?
And what are the steps - did they contact you to confirm options/colors/etc, or by default they only contact when the car is in the dealership?
It took about nine weeks from order placement to delivery. You can phone BMW Canada with the production number I believe, just give it a try. Your dealership will get the VIN once it is assigned, just ask them to call you when that happens.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-05-2011, 06:18 AM
DZLMAN DZLMAN is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Ontario, Canada
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 120
Mein Auto: 335d M Sport/Premium Pkg
I picked up my 2011 335D 2 weeks ago, ordered Feb 28th 2011. It was built the week of April 13th, left factory April 20th, received at Bremerhaven port April 26th, loaded on ship [Fidelio] April 29th, Fidelio left the same for Belgium, Belgium to Southampton England on May 1st, left England May 2nd, 8 days later May 10th docked Halifax, car moved CN auto port. Train arrived Toronto auto port May 17th, it arrived at parkview bmw May 19th, they scheduled my pickup May 21st just before the long weekend.

Once you have the vin # you get ship name and itenerary from shipping companies website. Once you have the ship name that will be or is carrying your car go to http://www.marinetraffic.com to see minute by minute movement of the ship carrying your car. Once the ship is out in Atlantic you go to http://www.sailwx.info as marinetraffic can only track vessels that are closer to the ports. Chances are the ship name will be Fidelio I think there's one more ship that shipping is using for east coast delieveries. Good luck.....
__________________
2011 335D Alpine White/Chestnut Brown, M-Sport, Premium, NAV..SOLD
2012 VW Golf TDI Black/Black, Highline, DSG, Nav..His
2012 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6spd White/Black, Highline, Pan Roof, Nav..Hers
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-05-2011, 07:08 PM
nesterk's Avatar
nesterk nesterk is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Toronto, Canada
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 225
Mein Auto: 2011 550xi
DZLMAN, thanks for the detail info - yes, it's quite a long way to wait..
Almost 3 months...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-26-2011, 07:36 PM
ylla ylla is offline
Registered User
Location: GA
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1
Mein Auto: Z4
Does anyone know if I need to login or create an account to access the site? http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp
Both chrome and safari do not seem to work on the track and trace link..
I ordered my z4 at the end of may 2011 and am getting anxious as the dealer keep pushing back on the delivery day...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-05-2012, 08:18 AM
sudi sudi is offline
New to BMW
Location: Nor Cal
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 117
Mein Auto: 2002 Mustang, 2012 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylla View Post
Does anyone know if I need to login or create an account to access the site? http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp
Both chrome and safari do not seem to work on the track and trace link..
I ordered my z4 at the end of may 2011 and am getting anxious as the dealer keep pushing back on the delivery day...
I know this answer is coming a bit too late for ya, but hopefully will help others.

- no you don't need to create an account
- to make this work in safari and chrome, you need to disable the pop up blocker on your browser (i had the same issue)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest Regional > Regional Forums > Canada > Que, Ont, NB, NS, Nfld, PEI
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms