Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 01-30-2011, 07:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Rickshaw
Hotel suggestion for Lindau, Neuschwanstein & Mittenwald

Going for ED late March this year....please gimme some suggestions on good hotels (4 people traveling) at Lindau, Neuschwanstein OR Fussen, and Mittenwald. Thank you.
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2011, 09:20 PM
Freude am Fahren

Mein Auto: Fünfer und Dreier
In Lindau, the Bayerischer Hof is quite nice (my review if you wish is here.)

The location can't be beat.

F10 2014 535d M Sport Mondstein Metallic
F10 2012 ActiveHybrid 5 Azuritschwarz Metallic
MB 2011 E350 BlueTec
E70 2011 X5 xDrive35d*
E90 2010 335d*
E60 2008 550i*

E90 2006 330xi*
E90 2006 325i
E90 2006 330xi*
E39 2003 530i*
E46 2000 328Ci*
E36 1996 328iS*
E36 1992 325i*
E30 1991 318is*
E21 1982 320iS*
E21 1979 320 (6-Zyl)*
*retired
Old 01-30-2011, 09:51 PM

Mein Auto: 328xiT & M roadster
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfv View Post
Going for ED late March this year....please gimme some suggestions on good hotels (4 people traveling) at Lindau, Neuschwanstein OR Fussen, and Mittenwald. Thank you.
The other top option in Lindau is Vilino. It and options in Fussen are covered in the Wiki.
Recent ED: 25 June 10, 328xiT in Red. Then headed SW to Italy & France. Flew home via Rome. Hoegh Kobe departed 22 July; unloaded at PH 17 Aug. Redelivery 11 Sept. (Re-redelivery 14 Sept....read the details here.)
Previous ED: 7 June 08, X3 3.0si in rosso corsa (*), then off to Italy, Austria, Slovenia. (*Note: A61 Crimson Red north of the Alps.)
Back-up vehicle (while waiting for re-deliveries): 1999 M Roadster in Estoril Blue.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:18 AM

Mein Auto: 535i
We stayed at the Hotel Garni Gästehaus Edlhuber in Mittenwald. We stayed at the Schloss Restaurant Nueschwanstein it is on the road to the castle from the town and it is only a five minute walk to the castle. You can drive up to the Restaurant/ hotel and they give you a parking pass.
Here is the link to web site.

www.schlossrestaurant-neuschwanstein.de

Last edited by Donny; 01-31-2011 at 02:29 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:09 AM
Aviator

Mein Auto: BMWs & Ram trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny View Post
We stayed at the Hotel Garni Gästehaus Edlhuber in Mittenwald. We stayed at the Schloss Restaurant Nueschwanstein it is on the road to the castle from the town and it is only a five minute walk to the castle. You can drive up to the Restaurant/ hotel and they give you a parking pass.

Hotel Jagerhaus is related to this hotel, and is a little nicer. Stay there, but eat at Muller. Another strong recommendation for the Bayerischer Hof in Lindau from me

Dick

...and a bunch of old English motorcycles
Old 01-31-2011, 06:53 AM
now driving number eight!

Mein Auto: 2007 S2000
We stayed this past July at the Wiedeman in Fussen. Nice restaurant. Sits up a hill overlooking Fussen. I think a 3 star about E$125 when we booked late with others filling up.

http://www.hotel-wiedemann.de/

Fussen is a great little town (obviously touristy) with lots of shops and restaurants about 5 minutes from the castles.

"sometimes you're the windshield .... sometimes you're the bug"

2014 328i Mojave Metallic
2009 328i Black Sapphire Metallic
2007 328i Black Sapphire Metallic
2007 Honda S2000 Berlina Black
(Hey Jim... am I diversified?)
Old 01-31-2011, 07:28 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 328i, xDrive
+1 for Schloss Restaurant Nueschwanstein. We stayed there Oct 2010. It was so nice to NOT have to walk all the way up to the castle.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:15 AM

Mein Auto: '09 135i & '11 328xi SWgn
We stayed and ate at the Hotel Muller last May. It is immediately next to the castle ticket office, and they have off street parking - and the Hotel staff will pick up your castle tour tickets for you. The staff treated us like royalty, and we'd go back there without hesitation. It was the most enjoyable hotel we stayed at in our 11 day ED. The hike up to Neuschwanstein is great exercise - and you can go partway up on trails, then the rest via the road.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:25 AM
resU deretsigeR

Mein Auto: Leaf Tekna
Another vote for Hotel Müller. Staff were fantastic and the restaurant was very good.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:31 AM

Mein Auto: M-Sport128i 328xiT 3.0CS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew*Debbie View Post
Another vote for Hotel Müller. Staff were fantastic and the restaurant was very good.
We were also extremely pleased with the Hotel Müller. When I told then that it was my wife's birthday and received a little better service than the other guests.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:10 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 335d
If you'd rather stay in the town of Fussen I'd recommend Hotel Christine. Top-notch service, an owner with personality, and a very nice complimentary breakfast.

[B]2011 335d

Retired: 2007 Z4 3.0i
Old 02-02-2011, 08:48 AM
high end, son

Send a message via ICQ to ssabripo Send a message via AIM to ssabripo
Mein Auto: 2002 330ci OB/Blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny View Post

good to know. I need a hotel in fussen for my May ED, so this is good info. Thanks!

__________________________________________________ ____
e90 M3, Interlagos Blue / Bamboo, Competition, Premium, Technology, DCT, iPod, Sunroof, ED.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:59 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 328i coupe
Lots of Hotel Mueller fans here! We have a reservation there next month while we tour the castles. Unfortunately, no discount even if your last name is Mueller. Anyone know what time breakfast is served? I want to book tickets to the castles online, the earlier the better to avoid the crowds. Looks like 8AM is the earliest you can book a tour, so could we get to the castle tour by 8 and still take advantage of the hotel's breakfast? Also, should we contact the hotel to make a reservation for dinner at the restaurant, or should we be able to get in no problem as a hotel guest on a Wednesday night in early July? Thanks so much for any help!
Old 06-01-2011, 12:40 PM
(formerly SD 335is)

Mein Auto: '06 Z4 MR | '11 335is E92
For those who don't want to walk up the hill to Schloss Neuschwanstein (a 40-45 minute uphill hike), there is a small tour bus at Schloss-Hotel Lisl that will take you up to Marien Brücke (Mary's Bridge). It takes only a few minutes and costs only €1.80. There are stunning views of Neuschwanstein, the Alpsee, and the surrounding countryside, so if you're going to Neuschwanstein, you might as well go all the way to the bridge. From there you can walk a short distance (10-15 minutes) down to Schloss Neuschwanstein and then walk back down from the castle. The walk down takes only about 20 minutes. You can also take the bus back down for only €1.00. Round trip is €2.60.

You can also take a horse-drawn carriage both up and down for €6.00 and €3.00 respectively

We took the bus up to Marien Brücke and walked down (Rick Steve's recommendation). It was threatening rain and was very humid, and I don't do well with either hills or humidity. We walked down faster than the horse-drawn carriage made the trip.

If you're planning on doing the tours of both Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau they book your tours 3 hours apart, with Neuschwanstein first. The ticket center is at the bottom of the hill and you need to get up to Neuschwanstein, do the actual guided tour (no self-tours), get back down, and then walk up another shorter hill 20 minutes in the opposite direction to Hoehenschwangua. Your tours will be assigned for a specific time, so depending on crowds, you may end up waiting in the courtyard at Neuschwangau for your tour. Because of all of this, plan a minimum of 4-5 hours to see both castles. They claim that if you miss your tour time at either castle you will have to buy a new ticket.

We did the Neuschwanstein tour but didn't have enough time for the Hohenschwangau tour. We definitely enjoyed both Marien Brücke and the Neuschwanstein tour. It is best if you have already taken or plan to take the Schloss Linderhof tour.
Hers: 2011 335is Coupe (E92) | Le Mans Blue Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Dark Glacier Aluminum | 6MT | ED 5/12/11

BMWCCA #444696 - Click to join and a chance to win a 1-Day M School at the BMW Performance Center!

Old 06-01-2011, 12:49 PM
Can has cheezburger

Mein Auto: 550 M-Sport und i3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgthompson View Post
We were also extremely pleased with the Hotel Müller.
Ditto. We were very impressed with the staff there as well. They acquired tickets to the two castles for us so that we didn't have to wake up early and stand in line. The line to buy tickets looked pretty long the next morning as we walked past it.

On our next ED, we plan on returning.

Last edited by AggieKnight; 06-01-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:40 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 535i Sports Wagon
Add us to the Hotel Mueller Fan Club. We stayed there in late April 2011. Courteous and friendly staff, excellent food, nice rooms, and rock-solid wifi. When we head back we'll stay there again. In the evening, you can walk down to the end of the street and sit on benches overlooking the Alpsee: a lake with the Alps in the background. Very relaxing.

2010 535i xDrive Sport Wagon (April 2009): Deep Sea Blue / Cream Beige / Sport, Premium, Cold Weather Packages
2011 335i xDrive Coupe (April 2011, European Delivery): Le Mans Blue / Oyster-Black / M Sport, Premium, Convenience Packages
Old 06-01-2011, 02:43 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 535i Sports Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by podge8 View Post
Anyone know what time breakfast is served?

Also, should we contact the hotel to make a reservation for dinner at the restaurant, or should we be able to get in no problem as a hotel guest on a Wednesday night in early July?
As far as breakfast, I forget when they open. We didn't get up that early. I think they serve til 10:00.

They recommend a reservation, but when we went down to eat, the restaurant wasn't full. However, we were there (April 2011) ahead of the tourist season. In July/August, it may be an issue. I doubt you'd have to make a reservation days in advance, but I'd make a reservation when you check in just to be safe.

2010 535i xDrive Sport Wagon (April 2009): Deep Sea Blue / Cream Beige / Sport, Premium, Cold Weather Packages
2011 335i xDrive Coupe (April 2011, European Delivery): Le Mans Blue / Oyster-Black / M Sport, Premium, Convenience Packages

Last edited by gcreese; 06-01-2011 at 02:46 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:58 AM
resU deretsigeR

Mein Auto: Leaf Tekna
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcreese View Post
They recommend a reservation, but when we went down to eat, the restaurant wasn't full.

It depends on the tour bus groups. They tend to all eat at the same time.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:13 AM

Mein Auto: '09 135i & '11 328xi SWgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by podge8 View Post
Lots of Hotel Mueller fans here! We have a reservation there next month while we tour the castles. Unfortunately, no discount even if your last name is Mueller. Anyone know what time breakfast is served? I want to book tickets to the castles online, the earlier the better to avoid the crowds. Looks like 8AM is the earliest you can book a tour, so could we get to the castle tour by 8 and still take advantage of the hotel's breakfast? Also, should we contact the hotel to make a reservation for dinner at the restaurant, or should we be able to get in no problem as a hotel guest on a Wednesday night in early July? Thanks so much for any help!
We ate breakfast at Hotel Muller around 7:00 AM each day - and I don't recall them being open for breakfast much before that hour. So... a nice leisurely breakfast, and then getting up to the castle by 8:00 AM would be very tight.

Last May, our tour started with Hohenschwangau, followed by Neuschwanstein. Hohenschwangau is only a 5 minute (easy) walk from Hotel Muller. It only took us 20 minutes to hike up to Neuschwanstein. It is great exercise and helps make room for a wonderful dinner at the Hotel!

I'd go ahead and make a reservation for dinner just to be safe. They may even let you reserve a table in the atrium room with the view of Neuschwanstein.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hotel Muller (7).jpg
Views:	64
Size:	179.0 KB
ID:	280398  
Old 06-02-2011, 11:03 AM

Mein Auto: 135i
We stayed at Hotel Sonne which is in Fussen, very nice. Reserved parking spot in garage, great and I mean great breakfast. Staff was very cordial. Also you can walk around the town since it's in Fussen proper. As others have said get to castles early to secure a ticket or reserve ahead. Best part about Fussen is the nice postal workers who delivered our postcards back to the states even though we used the german postcard stamps and not the international ones.

Second ED ???
Old 06-02-2011, 12:35 PM
(formerly SD 335is)

Mein Auto: '06 Z4 MR | '11 335is E92
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsublime View Post
We stayed at Hotel Sonne which is in Fussen, very nice. Reserved parking spot in garage, great and I mean great breakfast. Staff was very cordial. Also you can walk around the town since it's in Fussen proper. As others have said get to castles early to secure a ticket or reserve ahead. Best part about Fussen is the nice postal workers who delivered our postcards back to the states even though we used the german postcard stamps and not the international ones.
This is where we stayed a couple of weeks ago. +1 on the breakfast! Rated #1 on TripAdvisor for hotels in Füssen. Many rooms are individually decorated and there are pictures of all of the room on their website so you can pick your room. We stayed in the "Hohes Schloss" room with a nice balcony overlooking their terrace area. A bonus was the free front-load washer and dryer in the basement next to the elevator from the garage, just buy a couple tabs of soap at the front desk for €1, good for two loads. Plan ahead for the dryer though as it takes forever to dry the clothes!

It's also just a few short blocks to a fine Italian restaurant, Il Pescatore, also rated #1 on TripAdvisor for restaurants in Füssen. We went on a Sunday night and it was one of the few restaurants open. They don't take credit cards, so be prepared.

Pics: View from entry hall, view from entry hall showing balcony, view from balcony looking down, entry hall with ample closet and suitcase stand, reserved parking spot:

Hers: 2011 335is Coupe (E92) | Le Mans Blue Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Dark Glacier Aluminum | 6MT | ED 5/12/11

BMWCCA #444696 - Click to join and a chance to win a 1-Day M School at the BMW Performance Center!