Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 06-04-2011, 01:24 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
Not handy...

I have read here that mudflaps and chrome tips are easy to install. Well.....aside from not being handy, I am totally clumsy and definitely do not trust myself. Should I just pay the dealer to install these things or order the parts and have someone else to do them for less?

I noticed that basically it is an additional (on top the $60-$70 for each pair of the mudflaps) $70 for front and another $70 for rear to install the mudflaps here. If it is not quick and easy to install, why is it $140 or more for just the labor? How much is it going to be to slip on the chrome tips?

Feedback as always much appreciated.
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Retired

Mein Auto: 12 z & 09 Accord Coupe
Really, both of these are SERIOUSLY easy to put on. I'm sure you can find a family friend or business associate that feels comfortable doing it.

RTOM.....
Old 06-06-2011, 12:44 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
I am too scared to try to do it myself. One time, I was going to wipe off some dirt on top of the engine of my old car (left the car on-found out this is a no no). Dropped the towel into the engine. Turned the car off to remove the towel and slipped off the belt in the process which messed up the power steering.

I can just see myself going to insert the chrome tips and it gets stuck and I have no idea what to do or end up trying to fix the situation in the process bending the hell out of it.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Retired

Mein Auto: 12 z & 09 Accord Coupe
LOL - I respect a man who knows his limitations...find a local garage/friend that has good references to do it - a BMW dealer does not have to do it....

RTOM.....