Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 06-01-2011, 12:53 PM
www.pbase.com/cartic_kn

Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Post LOG IN OUT GmbH - Sunday dropoff

I was looking up for information for a Sunday (July 10th,2011) drop-off at Log In Out - Munich and didn't have much luck.

So I called Log In Out and to my pleasant surprise I was courteously answered with a 'Yes! What time do you want to come on a Sunday'. It is too good to be true! There is an additional fee of €200,00. In my opinion its totally worth it if you have a tight schedule. I am hoping that sharing this might help someone!

I also got the following email in response to my email enquiry.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are open Monday thru Friday 08:30am to 04:30pm and Saturday 10:00am to 02:00pm except Sundays and all legal German holidays.

We can open for you on Sunday, but there is a fee of €200,00. When would you like to come?

For drop-off , please bring your passport and all documents provided by BMW.
• Original Purchase Order
• Original International Registration (Green)
• Original Insurance Attached to Registration (Yellow)
• Original Confirmation of Registration (green)
• Original confirmation of Insurance (white)
• Original Data Confirmation (white)
• Passport

If nothing is missing, the drop-off procedure and paperwork will take around 30 minutes.
Please ensure there are no personal belongings including the warning triangle, first aid kit, the IPod Adapter and any electronic devices left in the car. There aren't any loose items allowed in the car during shipment according to the shipment regulations.

The tank shouldn't be filled more than 1/3 of the volume.
On your arrival at the airport please be sure, to look for a 'Log In Out drop off' plate.
If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Have a nice day!!

Mit freundlichen Grüssen,
best regards, cordialement

Fabiany Prado
Drop-Off Agent

Terminalstrasse Mitte 20
85356 München

Germany
Fon: +49 - (0)89 - 416 114 600
Fax: +49 - (0)89 - 416 114 609
eMail: drop-off-munich@loginout.de
Web : www.LOGINOUT.de

Terminalstrasse Mitte 18 (50 meters befor Hotel Kempinski at the right site.)
85356 München
Registriert / Registered: Amtsgericht München, HRB 180373
Ust.-ID: DE263835891
Geschäftsführer / Managing Director:
Katrin Gaugele

Ads by Google
Old 06-03-2011, 06:21 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '11 M3 Vert, '12 X5 Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malathi View Post
I was looking up for information for a Sunday (July 10th,2011) drop-off at Log In Out - Munich and didn't have much luck.

So I called Log In Out and to my pleasant surprise I was courteously answered with a 'Yes! What time do you want to come on a Sunday'. It is too good to be true! There is an additional fee of €200,00. In my opinion its totally worth it if you have a tight schedule. I am hoping that sharing this might help someone!

I also got the following email in response to my email enquiry.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are open Monday thru Friday 08:30am to 04:30pm and Saturday 10:00am to 02:00pm except Sundays and all legal German holidays.

We can open for you on Sunday, but there is a fee of €200,00. When would you like to come?

For drop-off , please bring your passport and all documents provided by BMW.
• Original Purchase Order
• Original International Registration (Green)
• Original Insurance Attached to Registration (Yellow)
• Original Confirmation of Registration (green)
• Original confirmation of Insurance (white)
• Original Data Confirmation (white)
• Passport

If nothing is missing, the drop-off procedure and paperwork will take around 30 minutes.
Please ensure there are no personal belongings including the warning triangle, first aid kit, the IPod Adapter and any electronic devices left in the car. There aren't any loose items allowed in the car during shipment according to the shipment regulations.

The tank shouldn't be filled more than 1/3 of the volume.
On your arrival at the airport please be sure, to look for a 'Log In Out drop off' plate.
If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Have a nice day!!

Fabiany Prado
Drop-Off Agent

Terminalstrasse Mitte 20
85356 München

Germany
Fon: +49 - (0)89 - 416 114 600
Fax: +49 - (0)89 - 416 114 609
eMail: drop-off-munich@loginout.de
Web : www.LOGINOUT.de

Terminalstrasse Mitte 18 (50 meters befor Hotel Kempinski at the right site.)
85356 München
Registriert / Registered: Amtsgericht München, HRB 180373
Ust.-ID: DE263835891
Geschäftsführer / Managing Director:
Katrin Gaugele

On the website it says it's only 150€.

"If you need an appointment out of office time just contact us and we will make a appointment for just 150€ extra."
Old 06-03-2011, 10:34 AM
www.pbase.com/cartic_kn

Yes the website says €150, but when I called then up on Wednesday, June-01-2011, they did confirm that it is €200. The email states that too.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:43 PM
Mace

Mein Auto: 335i Coupe
OK, if you're in a major crunch and have absolutely no other options I guess that a Sunday dropoff may be necessary but, considering that the dropoff only takes one person for about 10-20 minutes, does $300 really sound to good to be true? All that's going to happen is you're going to sign a few pieces of paper and do a visual inspection of the car and you're done.

YESTERDAY: '08 335i Coupe, Space Gray, Coral Red, Gray Poplar, 6-MT, ED 10 May '08.
TODAY: '11 M3 Convertible, Mineral White, Fox Red, Extended Leather, Carbon Leather, 6-MT, 19" Style 220M Wheels, EDC, EPS, ZP2, ZCV, ZCW. ED 29 Apr '11. PCD Re-delivery July 27.

Old 06-05-2011, 05:45 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 ActiveHybrid 7 SWB
You're potentially ruining an employee's afternoon. I doubt the employee lives in the office and is there off hours as well. That's what you are really paying for.

It's likely comparable to asking any other business to open on an off day. Like having Fedex deliver Sunday - it's a few hundred.

My recommendation - try and juggle your schedule, or see if you can do the paperwork on a working day and leave the car there on Sunday.

3/12 ED 7 - thread ID 610350
1/11 ED 6 - thread ID 5767556&postcount=175
4/10 ED 5 - thread ID 453501
5/08 ED 4 - thread ID 290679
3/07 ED 3 - thread ID 201013
3/06 ED 2 - thread ID 136454

Last edited by chrischeung; 06-05-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:41 PM

Mein Auto: '11 Z4 35is
I'm getting a Z4 35is in July (second ED in 2011 - yey) and dropping off the car on Monday. Original plan was to fly back on Sunday, with Saturday drop off, but I would rather spend extra 2 days enjoying the car, and Monday flights offer better connections, not to mention they are about $250 less than Sunday flights.

Travel Photos

Join BMW CCA
Old 06-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Mace

Lol. Chris, I'm well aware of what you're paying for and sometimes it sucks to be the junior employee and have to do the shxt jobs but that's life. I'm sure that whoever has to come in for an hour gets more than adequately compensated but that isn't really the point. All I was saying is that sure, it can be done but the $300 price hardly makes it "too good to be true."

YESTERDAY: '08 335i Coupe, Space Gray, Coral Red, Gray Poplar, 6-MT, ED 10 May '08.
TODAY: '11 M3 Convertible, Mineral White, Fox Red, Extended Leather, Carbon Leather, 6-MT, 19" Style 220M Wheels, EDC, EPS, ZP2, ZCV, ZCW. ED 29 Apr '11. PCD Re-delivery July 27.

Last edited by Mace14; 06-05-2011 at 07:24 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:45 PM

Mein Auto: MMM
FWIW - i emailed Log in Out asking if I could fill out the paperwork in advance (when I pick up the car from the Welt) and just drop the car off after hours. This is their response:

Hello Mr. Zeddy

Yes we are at the Munich Airport now. We do the paperwork before. We show you were to put the car. You give us the second key the contract will be make without the condition report. After you turned in the car we will complete the contract and add the miles and the condition report to it.

No mention about any fees - my guess is that the car will most likely just sit there until the next morning at which time they'll complete the condition report.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:34 PM
www.pbase.com/cartic_kn

Unhappy

Zeddy - Thanks for the information!

Well... The $300 is definitely not "Too good to be true" and I definitely don't want to ruin anyone's day!

I just can't get myself to cross out Grossglockner or Stelvio from my itinerary and save a day!

I already booked the hotel without cancellation policy for the 2 nights which is a total waste now and also had to pre-pone my flight tickets with the extra fee. I might as well spend $300 or do the paperwork in advance and drop it off on Sunday than go on a loss of pay for 2 days!

Last edited by Malathi; 07-10-2011 at 09:06 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:22 PM
Mace

I would guess that if they're willing to do the paperwork in advance and just have you drop off the car on Sunday then there should be no additional charge at all. Nobody has to come in to do that. The parking area isn't secure (it's just a normal parking space on the side of the road) so there isn't anything to "open up" and the car will just sit there anyway until the next truck goes out so what would they charge you for? I could definently see a charge if someone did have to come in (even if $300 is pretty darn high) but since they don't...