Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 02-24-2011, 01:54 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 X5 35D
w000h000! ours is waiting for the train ride to the west coast
Old 04-17-2011, 06:53 AM

Mein Auto: X3/R1200GS x2
X3 is on the ship and will be in Bremerhaven in a week or so... finally !
Old 05-15-2011, 09:55 AM

Finally !! I picked up the X3 Friday and took the SAV for spin around Berlin this weekend. Can't wait to attack some winter roads in Canada when we go back next summer. Pleasantly surprised at all the options that came the CDN base / premium and executive packages. I now see that BMW offers a Apps Package for 300 $ that wasn't available when I ordered. Wonder is that can be added on ? One thing that doesn't seem to function is the Voice Activated commands. The control is on the steering wheel but not functional. Any ideas on the Apps Package and the voice control would be appreciated.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:24 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X3 28i
Not sure about voice commands but BMW has officially announced that there will not be a retrofit for 6NR ( BMW apps) so you have to go the aftermarket route if you really want it. It's still not available for x3 but I think you can get it for x5 and x6 so it'll be a matter of time for x3
Old 05-16-2011, 04:18 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Non_head View Post
Not sure about voice commands but BMW has officially announced that there will not be a retrofit for 6NR ( BMW apps) so you have to go the aftermarket route if you really want it. It's still not available for x3 but I think you can get it for x5 and x6 so it'll be a matter of time for x3
BMW Apps is available for the X3.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:30 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X3 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occhi View Post
BMW Apps is available for the X3.
Hmmmm... where did I exactly say that it's not?!? If you read the previous comments you can see that the car has already been delivered and BMW apps was not on it! All I said was that there won't be a retrofit from BMW and I am 99.9% sure about it!!
I ordered mine with BMW apps so I know it's available ( it has been available since april 1st!)
Old 06-08-2011, 01:41 PM

Got an answer from BMW. Voice commands only available when you order the navi package...unfortunate. I just couldn't justify paying 2000 + for a navi ! No matter as all in all...NICE CAR ! You can't just jump in, turn the key and throw it in drive though...This this not your Dad's Falcon !