Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 10-27-2010, 07:06 AM   #1
BMW investigated over blocking sales to Swiss residents

tim330i
Administrator

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by tim330i

The bad news continues for BMW this week. 4WheelNews is reporting on the investigation opened by The Swiss Competition Commission.

According to the latest reports, it appears that BMW is currently being investigated by the Swiss antitrust authorities for allegedly preventing vehicle sales to Swiss residents found in some European countries, such as Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. Sources confirmed the fact that the Bavarian manufacturer blocked sales of Bmw and MINI brand vehicles to customers who are residents of Switzerland. Many of you may be asking why is BMW doing this.

Well, first of all, Switzerland is not a member of the European Union. But, the main reason is that the Swiss franc gained than 9 percent against the euro this year, and this made BMW vehicles more expensive in Switzerland.

The Swiss Competition Commission said that it is currently investigating this. “We have asked BMW for comment after we opened our inquiries yesterday,” Patrik Ducrey, a spokesman for the commission, said on Tuesday. If found guilty, BMW could face a maximum fine of 10 percent of group revenue generated in Switzerland, over the past three fiscal years. Still, the investigation could take the Swiss Competition Commission almost two years. The investigation was confirmed by a BMW spokesman.
This article has been viewed 9451 times.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:28 PM
"Clunker" *****

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 528A--165K
Would be nice if the writer explained why the headline says Bad news continues... (Everything else on the page appears to be good news for BMW.)
Old 10-28-2010, 06:41 AM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProRail View Post
Would be nice if the writer explained why the headline says Bad news continues... (Everything else on the page appears to be good news for BMW.)
I was talking about this -

http://www.bimmerfest.com/news/49430...ump-%28hpfp%29
Old 10-28-2010, 09:27 PM
"Clunker" *****

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 528A--165K
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
I suspect that in the long run this will be good for BMW. "Oh, look how responsibly BMW is responding to this little problem with some of their models. Is that a great company, or what?"
Old 11-01-2010, 10:52 AM
Tar Heel Faithful

Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: 2006 325i sport
A bunch of European folks will buy their BMWs in Switzerland to dodge some taxes and get it for cheaper. No idea how the VAT duty works on that.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '03 745Li
I dunno why BMW would have to pay a fine. It their car, they don't have to sell if they don't want to.....
Old 06-11-2011, 07:15 PM
sk328xi

Mein Auto: 2011 328xi jet black
Obviously someone in switzerland has pissed off someone in Munchen !!!!!