Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Ducati fills my BMW's gap

Mein Auto: '05 645ci
I do like a Ducati 1098 on the back ground though (left of the alleged M6). M6, on the other hand looks like the owner could barely afford it (hence the color), and then tried to make it look "cool". Should've put some undercarriage neons while he was "at it". Lol :-)
Old 06-01-2011, 11:50 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to eurowned
Mein Auto: 2009 audi r8 4.2 r-tronic
i think im going to use my DSLR to take the pictures tomorrow at night time or so
but here ya go these were best i could take

its 9 led bulb strip
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	280395   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	280396  

current: 2009 Audi R8 V8 4.2 R-tronic

FS: Vertini Hennessey 20" staggered rims, ACS trunk spoiler, and Cobra radar detector

past cars:

2009 650I Convertible *Fully Loaded* - Imola Red w/ Beige Dakota leather - gone... and not missed
2006 S500 AMG package Black/Black MURDERED OUT - Sold
Old 06-02-2011, 06:13 AM

Mein Auto: E63
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurowned View Post
i think im going to use my DSLR to take the pictures tomorrow at night time or so
but here ya go these were best i could take

its 9 led bulb strip
A few day time shots as well please

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp
Old 06-02-2011, 01:35 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by petros2r View Post
I do like a Ducati 1098 on the back ground though (left of the alleged M6). M6, on the other hand looks like the owner could barely afford it (hence the color), and then tried to make it look "cool". Should've put some undercarriage neons while he was "at it". Lol :-)
Ouch, that is harsh. It is an M6, it owned by a guy named Dan who is an engineer at Boeing, probably one of the nicest dudes out there. Always helpful on the M6 forum boards, he was instrumental in helping me with my audio upgrades the year before last. He loves mod's, he has pretty much converted every light on the interior of his car to LED so his affection for the LED lights is well documented. Here is a video of his Audio/Video Integration project, it shows the car including the lights.

Last edited by tampamark; 06-02-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Ducati fills my BMW's gap

Mein Auto: '05 645ci
Oh sh*t, I didn't mean to offend anyone! Just "trolling" a bit :-) no, im sure Dan is a great guy and all. I do like the audio/video integration, especially if he did it himself. Not a big fan of all kinds of "under artiste lights" and all. I do have led license plate lights on my car, but it makes it look classy. IMO adding all kinds of lights everywhere does not add class to the vehicle but takes it away. You know how some kids have windshield sprayers lit up and fake hood scoops and fender cutouts? Just makes me LOL
Old 06-02-2011, 10:50 PM

Mein Auto: 630i
I'd be more enthusiastic if the color tone of the LEDs match the main headlights.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Oh sh*t, I didn't mean to offend anyone! Just "trolling" a bit :-) no, im sure Dan is a great guy and all. I do like the audio/video integration, especially if he did it himself. Not a big fan of all kinds of "under artiste lights" and all. I do have led license plate lights on my car, but it makes it look classy. IMO adding all kinds of lights everywhere does not add class to the vehicle but takes it away. You know how some kids have windshield sprayers lit up and fake hood scoops and fender cutouts? Just makes me LOL
No worries, I stir the pot and troll at times also! He has done all the mod's himself. I read his original DIY thread a couple of weeks ago for this Hella light install, he even says that it won't be for everyone. Personally, I wouldn't do it either.

Windsheild wiper lights, that is funny.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPEG23 View Post
A few day time shots as well please

Here are some pic's of another M6 with the LED light strip. I don't know who owns this since it is on a rim company website, but it is the best looking M6 I have ever seen. The professional photography probably helps.

This is one badass looking ride!!!!!

For more pic's:
http://www.adv1wheels.com/adv1wheels..._M6_ADV5_1.php

Old 06-07-2011, 08:07 AM

Mein Auto: 645ci
Quote:
Wouldn't it contradict the halos? IMO each car should have it's own distinct markings. BMWs have halos, Audi has the dots, in fact every other luxury car start doing those led dots by the headlights, after Audi started doing theirs. Those things piss me off! Keep it real man.
@ keep it real man.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:08 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 645CI
we drive a 100 thousand dollar car why would you put a $40 mod, ive seen it in person looks cheap. you can tell its not meant to be om our car??
so stupid if u ask me.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:18 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 645CI
we drive a 100 thousand dollar car why would you put a $40 mod, ive seen it in person looks cheap. you can tell its not meant to be om our car??
so stupid if u ask me.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:21 PM

Mein Auto: 650i
Quote:
I meant that there shouldbe either halo or led dots.
i agree with petro2r, i think it should either be one or the other, both is a bit much, but it's all about what you like
Old 06-12-2011, 10:20 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 650i
I agree that the strips don't look natural with the shape and contours of the car. They do look slapped on, but mostly because of how they are seated. It doesn't look like "part of the car". The car's elements are all curved. These are square. That's where the problem comes in with aesthetics.

Also, the bulbs themselves honestly don't look right to me, if you look close. They don't match the Audi LED's.

I love the idea of modding some LED's onto a sixer, and I wish there were other styles, shapes, and options to choose from because I'd do it in a heartbeat.

-BB-

Last edited by BimmerBurger; 06-12-2011 at 10:28 PM.