Long Crank Issues on 750Li??? - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series & 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - 2015)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - 2015)
The 5th generation F01/F02 BMW 7 Series flagship forum. The redesigned 7 series leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code, offering an 8 speed automatic transmission and all turbocharged engine options.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2011, 05:09 PM
ActiveCruise ActiveCruise is offline
Registered User
Location: Las Vegas
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8
Mein Auto: 750LI
Long Crank Issues on 750Li???

Hey everybody,

I have a 2009 750Li. Recently I've been getting this long crank issue when I try to start the car. It comes and goes randomly. I would say that 80% of the time, it takes 2-3 seconds to start the car, and the other 20% it starts up right away. When I try to start the car, I can hear the alternator going, and it's a good 2-3 seconds before the car would fire up.

I brought it into the dealer on Monday, and today the service manager calls and tells me that they're still trying to figure out what's causing it. She said that she had to bring her "Master Tech" in but he couldn't figure it out, so now the shop foreman is going to check it out.

I brought it into Desert BMW of Las Vegas, thinking that these guys are going to know what they're doing because they got pretty good reviews on Yelp and DealerRater, but my service manager says that she "hopes" it will be resolved by Friday.

Does anybody else have this long crank problem? Are there any BMW service guys here that can help point me in the right direction? It is a very special car to me, and I would really hate it if these guys goes snooping around and break something else in the process. Can anyone help me out with any suggestions?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!
Reply With Quote

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series & 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - 2015)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2015 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms