BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

New pics of all the upgrades

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  adri 
#1 ·
Hey guys this is the rest of my upgrades to my x3.

20" Y spoke rims
7" DVD headrests
iPod adapter hidden in the armrest
Stealth subwoofer box in the trunk on the left side where the open space used to be.
Rockford amp where the battery is hidden as well.
I'll be blacking out the rear tail lights this month as well.

Hope you guys like it.

See less See more
#5 ·
whiterasta you have a private message

check you messages on this board

#8 ·
Hi there

I am just using the amp to power the sub. I looked into powering all of te speakers and swapping the stock for upgraded speakers but these x3 are not the easiest to do audio upgrades.

I'm not the best guy to ask about it unfortunately.

Im the type of guy that just pays to have stuff done. Not very technical.

I would like to upgrade the speakers all around but it's a big job from what I've read and heard. I think it's 4" in the doors.

Hope this kinda helps.

#9 ·
Evelngr is the man for the audio issues from what I've read on this form. If you read some of the audio posts he's very helpful an informative.

Best of luck.

PS I would start with just the sub if I were you. It's actually a really good sound at this time with just the stock speakers. They go pretty loud when the bass is turned down. The distortion is gone without them putting out bass. Then add a nice 10" sub and it's a surprisingly nice sound.

#12 ·
Not a problem and thanks again.

I know that there is meant to be an Amp in the rear trunk but I can't seem to see it in my Nov 2009 E83 and I assumed it did not come in a standard stereo. Also, even if the wiring is there, I am not expecting to find standard RCA plugs and I need to know what to connect to.

Adri

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.