Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 06-15-2011, 07:19 AM

Mein Auto: x3
specifics to check for?

Hi everyone, I ordered an X3 and it is slated for July production and I'm totally excited about this, my first BMW. Just curious: in addition to the thorough walk-around prior to leaving the dealer lot, are there any specific things you all would recommend I check out upon taking delivery? That is, little nits that you've experienced...this would be most helpful to me. Thanks everyone!
Advertisement
Old 06-15-2011, 02:20 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 Acura RL
I'm pretty sure there was a thread about this posted earlier that you can find. But specifically in my situation (PDC yesterday)... we spent well over an hour going through the car and there wasn't anything obviously wrong with it physically. Just me 2 cents... good luck!
Old 06-15-2011, 03:48 PM

Mein Auto: x3
yep, you're right, i found some pretty serious checklists -- you guys are great. I'm pumped and can't wait to take delivery (mid-july) -- then head to the ashville area for some r & r.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:04 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW X3
I would really appreciate if any of you guys post the link to the thread that discuss abt the cheklist.

Can't find in the forum search, may be I am serching wrong....dono

Thanks.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:03 PM

Mein Auto: X3 28i, Z3 3.0i, MD80
I couldn't find any checklists either and I've looked all over the forum. I'm picking up my car tomorrow and would love some gouge on what to look out for!

Thanks everybody!!
Old 06-24-2011, 10:27 AM

Mein Auto: m3
Same here. I have a few weeks before the D-day, but want to take a look at a check list...Could not find one on this forum...
Old 06-24-2011, 10:29 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '11 X3
you should probably look on the General BMW forum and the PCD forum.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:44 PM

Mein Auto: 08 335i, 11 X3
I would carefully check the rubber trip around the front doors. Make sure it is secured properly where it terminates towards the front of the door. Mine were not seated correctly. I figured out how to fasten them but you should check them anyway. Also, check for excessive transmission noise at idle. Mine was abnormally loud. The factory hadnt installed some noise plugs on the transmission.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:13 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 & 328i
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast marty View Post
yep, you're right, i found some pretty serious checklists -- you guys are great. I'm pumped and can't wait to take delivery (mid-july) -- then head to the ashville area for some r & r.
greetings fast marty - congrats on the automobile

would you kindly post a link or maybe even the checklists you found ... i have a automobile coming any day

thank you for your time
Old 07-01-2011, 12:53 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '11 X3
here is one... just search back in the forum... http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=540738
Old 07-01-2011, 11:02 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90F25 View Post
I would carefully check the rubber trip around the front doors. Make sure it is secured properly where it terminates towards the front of the door. Mine were not seated correctly. I figured out how to fasten them but you should check them anyway. Also, check for excessive transmission noise at idle. Mine was abnormally loud. The factory hadnt installed some noise plugs on the transmission.
Hi e90...

Can you explain the abnormal tranny noise at idle?

Thanks.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:34 AM

Mein Auto: toronto
Smile Comprehensive Check list

Hello. I found this checklist I think here or some forum. Anyways, this is a quite detailed checklist but better be safe than sorry, right? Im gonna get my 11X3 by the end of this month...Mineral Silver on beige and fine wood trim---Tech & Prem package. My 1st bimmer
Attached Files
File Type: pdf New Vehicle Inspection.pdf (254.5 KB, 185 views)
Old 07-05-2011, 09:40 AM

Mein Auto: BMW
by abnormal tranny noise.....are you referring to what sounds almost like a ticking noise when idle? If so i think im having that issue.