Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 07-07-2011, 08:54 PM
You Lick It, You Own It

Send a message via ICQ to chivas Send a message via AIM to chivas
Mein Auto: 98 540i/6
ITT, you make it sound like you're not coming back. how about this... delete this thread and post a new one when you get back, healthy and with pics. no pics, no care.

m'kay?

kthx!!!

be safe... take care and thanks for servin'

It takes a lot of work to be lazy.

Last edited by chivas; 07-08-2011 at 08:05 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:30 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW and Mini
If you need any items you can't get at the PXs there shoot me a pm and I can get here at the local PX and get it MPSed to you in a day or so. I had to keep one of my soldiers stocked up on Honey Nut Cheerios so I was sending her 24lb boxes at a time. LOL
Old 07-08-2011, 03:36 AM

Mein Auto: Broom
Always fashionably late to the party .... but stay safe and hurry home Thanks for all you do!!!
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 07-08-2011, 10:11 AM

Mein Auto: 1997 328is, 2001 750is
God speed ya sir.....Thank you so much for the service. Wish I could be out there with you!
Old 07-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Praetorian

Mein Auto: 07 E92 335i 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybluesky View Post
In less than 36 hours I'll be getting on a plane to my first deployment to Iraq. Wanted to take this time to thank everyone for all the laughs and e-company/friendship you have all provide me since having become an active member in this sub forum. You all matter to me in a more significant way than you probably think. Whether or not I've interacted with you directly, I've grown fond of all the personalities that make this place so great and I will definitely miss it! Even though I've been more of a lurker these past few months I still check ot at least 8-10 times a day and read most of the threads. I dunno how I'll manage without staying up to date! Someone's gonna have to make me cliff notes .

Well take care everyone and leave a light on for me when I come back. (I'll still probably have intenet but I dunno how often I'll be able to check it. Lets just say I'm not admin for this deployment)

Ps I'll be sure to drop my apo for anyone interested.
Sorry I missed this, I knew you were leaving as we've discussed it before but I missed this thread as I haven't checked OT in a few days. Good Luck & keep in touch!
Old 07-09-2011, 09:01 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Quote:
In less than 36 hours I'll be getting on a plane to my first deployment to Iraq. Wanted to take this time to thank everyone for all the laughs and e-company/friendship you have all provide me since having become an active member in this sub forum. You all matter to me in a more significant way than you probably think. Whether or not I've interacted with you directly, I've grown fond of all the personalities that make this place so great and I will definitely miss it! Even though I've been more of a lurker these past few months I still check ot at least 8-10 times a day and read most of the threads. I dunno how I'll manage without staying up to date! Someone's gonna have to make me cliff notes .

Well take care everyone and leave a light on for me when I come back. (I'll still probably have intenet but I dunno how often I'll be able to check it. Lets just say I'm not admin for this deployment)

Just saw this now, but I hope you stay safe over there. Thank you for your service!

Present
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Overland Summit 4x4 - Deep Cherry Red

Past
2011 Audi S4 - Imola Yellow
2008 335i Cp - Montego Blue
Ordered: 2/24/08, Mine on: 4/18/08

View My Flickr Photos
Old 07-10-2011, 06:07 AM
We want the Lion!

Mein Auto: 03 ZHP, 01 X5, 73 MGB
Quote:
I
Yes, please.

For those interested, a few of us have decided it would be a nice gesture to keep our deployed festers supplied with goodies from home.

Please PM me if you are interested in supporting our Fest troops, or if you are deployed and would like a goodie box.

And thanks again for all you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Bob View Post
JUST...LOOK...UNDER...THE...CAR....for Chrissakes....it`s like checking to see if a dog is male or female....
Quote:
Originally Posted by smolck View Post
A bimmer with forced induction should have a proper manual gearbox. Anything less is like french kissing your sister.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:04 AM

Mein Auto: E30
Thank you for your service! I was there 2 years ago and it was my first deployment so I didn't really know what to expect. But actually it wasn't that bad. If you end up in Camp Victory, you'll love it. They even have a pool! Anyways, good luck and stay safe!
Old 07-10-2011, 09:21 AM
Over-the-Hill

Mein Auto: '07 530xiT
Hazardous pay *and* a pool? Good gravy, y'all are livin' large over there! ;p I kid, I kid!

Scott, pm sent!

Old 07-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Don't Judge Me!

Send a message via Yahoo to GiaGiaJa
Mein Auto: Sedan 328i iDrive AT
I thought they no longer sending anyone to Iraq anymore
Be safe and check in with us when you can.

Ohhhhh.... The ultimate attraction
"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves." Albert Einstein
Old 07-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: Fiver
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiaGiaJa View Post
I thought they no longer sending anyone to Iraq anymore
Be safe and check in with us when you can.
They basically changed the labels around. We are not calling them "combat troops," now.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:48 AM
1st Cav!

Mein Auto: e90
Thanks for all the love guys! It means a lot in a lonely place like this. I'm in Kuwait btw, should be heading to Iraq in a week or so. I'll have my APO address in a few days. They're slacking with information. Oh it's hot here... I'll never complain about Texas heat ever again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustE30 View Post
Thank you for your service! I was there 2 years ago and it was my first deployment so I didn't really know what to expect. But actually it wasn't that bad. If you end up in Camp Victory, you'll love it. They even have a pool! Anyways, good luck and stay safe!
I wish I was at Victory! I'm going to a FOB... not as fun or well equipped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Dreamer View Post
They basically changed the labels around. We are not calling them "combat troops," now.
Yep... We'll probably be here past the December deadline to pullout. We'll see what happens.