Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > The MINI Board

The MINI Board
The Mini Cooper Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2011, 05:11 PM
"...tear down this wall."

Mein Auto: Gasoline powered vehicle
Mini Dealer - Deals

Hi All,

I checked out a 2011 Mini Cooper S tonight and was a bit surprised that the dealers wanted MSRP.

Basics:
2011 Mini Cooper S
Chili Red
Premium Pkg
Sport Pkg
Bluetooth
Total = 27,200.00

Dealer Options:
Paint Coating
Stripes
3M Film protection (on bumper and doors)
Yadda Yadda Dealer Pkg
Total = 30,000.00

I told him I was not interested in the $3000 in options he installed on the car...I just wanted to pick up the car at a fair price (Edmunds.com is showing 25,500 for my area for that car). I was willing to go up to 26,000 but he said 28,000 was as low as he could go. This was because, from the dealer, Mini is not discounting any models except the Clubman. I expected that on the Countryman...but a 2011 Cooper S (with 2012 models on the way in a few months) and at the end of the month?????

Am I off base here or does Mini just tend not to deal? This was in Raleigh, NC.
"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that ever I took half the pains to preserve it." -- John Adams, 1777"
Advertisement