Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2011, 04:34 AM

Mein Auto: '11 328i xDrive, '11 X3
Wind noise Passenger side

First of all, just want to say up front, love my 2011 X3, butt…
I seem to have a whistling noise coming from the front passenger side. It happens while going over 100kph. X3 has been in 3x’s.

First was diagnostic and problem was verified; dealer service said it was coming from engine compartment (gaskets around air ducts or something like that).

Second was attempt to fix; dealer was not able to fix and said they would need to work with Munich and come up with an answer.

Two to three weeks later we received a phone call to bring the car in to be repaired. Dropped it off in the morning and picked up in the afternoon. Still whistling. Dealer service said that engineers in Munich would work on a solution and call us when they come up with something.

I am grateful that this is not a mechanical issue and am able to drive it around while a solution is being worked. And to be honest, I have not heard the whistling noise myself, since I have hearing loss, but I can hear my wife complaining.

Wanted to see if anyone else is having this issue.
Advertisement