Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 07-29-2011, 09:39 PM

Mein Auto: 525Xi
What tires are coming on new 535xi non-sport

For those of you who have recently taken delivery of a non-sport 535xi, (which I assume are all coming with 18" rims) what brand/model tires did you receive? When I go on tirerack and plug in a base 535 x-drive it returns the Continental as the only all-season oem tire. Surprisingly, tirerack does not show the LS-2 as an oem tire. The bulk of the consolidated RFT thread is made up of sport 5ers with GY LS2s so it's hard to tell what BMW has been putting on these late production base 535s.
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2011, 12:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 335i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrubino View Post
For those of you who have recently taken delivery of a non-sport 535xi, (which I assume are all coming with 18" rims) what brand/model tires did you receive? When I go on tirerack and plug in a base 535 x-drive it returns the Continental as the only all-season oem tire. Surprisingly, tirerack does not show the LS-2 as an oem tire. The bulk of the consolidated RFT thread is made up of sport 5ers with GY LS2s so it's hard to tell what BMW has been putting on these late production base 535s.

Mine came with Continental RFTs, don't know what model.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:32 AM

So according to Tirerack, the oem contis have one year road hazard warranty just like the goodyears. If that is true, then the price they're asking for the wheel and tire insurance on non-sport 535xis is just wrong.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:05 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535ix
Mine was built around mid-May and came with ContiProContact SRS (RSC), 245/45R18.

Not sure what that means, but the car sure does ride mighty fine.

I did purchase the 5-year dealer offered tire/rim warranty for $1295.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:41 PM

Picked up my non-sport 535i xdrive yesterday afternoon. It came with Goodyear Eagle LS-2 RunOnFlat tires. They're 18s but I got the tire and wheel insurance just in case. I just wanted to say "thank you" to everyone on the board. I've been lurking for quite some time, learning as much as I could until I was ready to make a deal. Now I'm elbow deep learning the new iDrive, it's amazing how different it is from my '06 525xi!

R
Old 08-02-2011, 05:04 PM

Mein Auto: 535xi
ContiProContact SSR. So far no complaints. I did not get the tire/wheel insurance as the tires come with a good manufacturers warranty from what I understand and the problems have been mostly with the GY LS2's on the 19" rims.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:45 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc1 View Post
ContiProContact SSR. So far no complaints. I did not get the tire/wheel insurance as the tires come with a good manufacturers warranty from what I understand and the problems have been mostly with the GY LS2's on the 19" rims.
We need pics! You ended up with the A6, right?
Old 08-03-2011, 04:31 AM

Mein Auto: 535xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by alewifebp View Post
You ended up with the A6, right?
Funny you should ask. So I ordered the A6 but I was dismayed that, upon delivery, I saw this paint imperfection on the front of the hood and the trunk. It looked like a little metallic round blue and white thing. As I'm sure you can imagine I was not happy so I complained to my Audi CA. He assured me that this was just a minor manufacturing issue but was generally within normal product tolerances.

Well, being the savy consumer that I am, I was still not satisfied so I escalated my complaint to AoA. They were very helpful and they sent out a technician flown in specially from Ingelstaad to inspect my brand new vehicle. He carefully examined the exterior of my vehicle, took copious notes along with dozens of photographs before thanking me for the opportunity to be of service. He then left, telling me I should receive a written communication from AoA within the next few days. To their credit I received an overnight Fedex the next day. To my surprise they reassured me that my car, was, indeed, not up to AoA specs and that, due to parts shortages, they occasionally source their car bodies from BMW but that in those instances they always are sure to debadge the vehicle and replace the roundels with the far more appropriate Audi rings. This had not been done to this vehicle so they apologized profusely and told me to bring it in to the dealership where the offending roundels would be replaced with the far more satisfying rings. Not only that, but they gave me a free Audi key ring for my inconvenience. Now if this isn't platinum level customer service I don't know what would be.

Now if they can just explain to me why my car has an inline 6 turbo instead of a supercharged V6, I'll be a completely happy camper!

To think that they thought they could put one over on me.

I showed them.

Last edited by PsychDoc1; 08-03-2011 at 04:35 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:31 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 650 xi
Picked up my non-sport 535i xdrive Saturday afternoon. It came with Goodyear Eagle LS-2 RunOnFlat tires. It was delivered to the dealer late June
Old 08-03-2011, 04:45 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 650 xi
My New 535i x Cashmere Silver

BTW, these are the quietest runflats I have had on a car.

Last edited by racerdj; 08-03-2011 at 04:49 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:10 AM
now driving number eight!

Mein Auto: 2007 S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc1 View Post
Funny you should ask. So I ordered the A6 but I was dismayed that, upon delivery, I saw this paint imperfection on the front of the hood and the trunk. It looked like a little metallic round blue and white thing. As I'm sure you can imagine I was not happy so I complained to my Audi CA. He assured me that this was just a minor manufacturing issue but was generally within normal product tolerances.

Well, being the savy consumer that I am, I was still not satisfied so I escalated my complaint to AoA. They were very helpful and they sent out a technician flown in specially from Ingelstaad to inspect my brand new vehicle. He carefully examined the exterior of my vehicle, took copious notes along with dozens of photographs before thanking me for the opportunity to be of service. He then left, telling me I should receive a written communication from AoA within the next few days. To their credit I received an overnight Fedex the next day. To my surprise they reassured me that my car, was, indeed, not up to AoA specs and that, due to parts shortages, they occasionally source their car bodies from BMW but that in those instances they always are sure to debadge the vehicle and replace the roundels with the far more appropriate Audi rings. This had not been done to this vehicle so they apologized profusely and told me to bring it in to the dealership where the offending roundels would be replaced with the far more satisfying rings. Not only that, but they gave me a free Audi key ring for my inconvenience. Now if this isn't platinum level customer service I don't know what would be.

Now if they can just explain to me why my car has an inline 6 turbo instead of a supercharged V6, I'll be a completely happy camper!

To think that they thought they could put one over on me.

I showed them.
Your best yet, had me complelely sucked in for a moment ..... clearly indicative of Dissociative Identity Disorder

"sometimes you're the windshield .... sometimes you're the bug"

2014 328i Mojave Metallic
2009 328i Black Sapphire Metallic
2007 328i Black Sapphire Metallic
2007 Honda S2000 Berlina Black
(Hey Jim... am I diversified?)