Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)

E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
E36/7 Z3 Roadster, Z3 coupe, Z3 M Roadster and Z3 M Coupe talk with our gurus here.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:24 AM

Mein Auto: 200 BMW Z3 2.5L
Z3 Window Sustainment

How does everyone here manage to keep their lovely rear windows looking new? Is there something that y'all do to ensure that the window doesn't scratch before putting it down or do you throw all methods out the proverbial window and just deal with it later?

I've owned my Zed for about 4 years and I'm not sure that I've found a solution to the problematic rear window yet, even after a top replacement.

Thanks guys.
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2011, 09:48 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '00 M Roadster
You can get a "window Blanket" either BMW or aftermarket (or just roll up a towel)

Several plastic polishes can be used like Meguiar's Plastix

TC Kline S/A Coilovers | Sharked | Turner Slotted Rotors | Axxis Ultimate Pads | SS Front Strut | IE Subframe Bushings | IE Rear Toe/Camber Kit
Whalen Shift Machine | Stygar Clutch Pedal | CDV Delete | LeatherZ Armrest | Whalen seat bushings | Z3Solutions Windblocker | Shift Pin fix
Old 08-03-2011, 11:51 AM

Mein Auto: 200 BMW Z3 2.5L
I have a high-thread-count bed sheet that I currently use, but even with that the dirt manages to edge away some of the cleanliness that the new top has. Only time I put her down is when I've just washed her.

I have some of the Meguiars and I've been to scared to use it on the window, should have tried it on the old one :\
Old 08-03-2011, 01:04 PM

Mein Auto: 98 MZ3
Always use a window blanket or towel when you put the top down. I've found Meguiers #18 best for everyday cleaning and #10 and #17 for heavier stuff.( I just replaced my 13 year old original rear window that still looked great because the black trim around the edge started falling apart)
Dadmog
1998 MZ3
Old 08-03-2011, 01:09 PM
BE IRIE

Mein Auto: 1996 Z3 1.9L M44
I use a microfiber towel so the plastic don't rub on itself when top is down.

1996 Z3 (M44)